This Disappears When Logged In

Male Sand Boa Regurgitating Questions

Discussion in 'Rosy Boas & Sand Boas' started by Romeyrider, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Romeyrider

Romeyrider Well-Known Member

I have a male Rufesens and he regurgitated his meal of one hopper mouse two feedings ago. I feed him every other week. I waited for four weeks and then fed him again and he ate no problem. Same goes for his next meal. This meal however he regurgitated a day after he ate. I have a few questions...

I did notice he was shedding this time around, could that have anything to do with it?

I know males have bad eating habits...do they just refuse to eat or do they eat then regurgitate?

He's not a very big snake. Should I feed him two smaller meals instead of one big meal?

If there is anything else you would like to add about regurgitating snakes that would be of help. Thanks!

2. Kolby Tannehill

Kolby Tannehill Well-Known Member

What are the temperatures likr in his enclosure?

3. Romeyrider

90 degrees Fahrenheit on the warm end.

4. Kolby Tannehill

Kolby Tannehill Well-Known Member

Try to raise it to 95, also what does it drop to at night. There are other things it could be but this would be the first I would check,

5. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

How are you measuring that temperature?
    I'm not experienced in this species but a picture of the tank could help as well in case there is a housing problem that needs correction.

6. Romeyrider

He is in a snake rack, as all my sand boas are. I have thirteen. I measure all my temperatures with a temp gun.