This Disappears When Logged In

Making sense of Reptile Lighting

Discussion in 'Herp Awareness' started by Todd, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd

Todd Elite Member

2. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I love Melissas site!
    Thanks Todd :)

3. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

While I agree that Melissa's site is a great information resource, I must say that this article is outdated and the information we know now about reptile lighting is significantly advanced.

Using this article to understand all the different terminologuy used when discussing reptile lighting is fine, following the list of recommended lamps is questionable.

For the very latest, complete and accurate information on reptile lighting, join the UVB_Meter_Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UVB_Meter_Owners/

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I agree.Testing is constantly being done by members on that forum.From what I've read the fixture the bulbs are put in can affect the uvb output as well. :)

5. prismwolf

prismwolf Well Established Member

Not only do the fixtures make a difference, but so can the backing used in the fixtures. I've added foil to the back of my fixture and have increased the UVB emissions by 25% or more from a post on that list.

The UVB meter list is the absolute best medium for the newest findings that keep coming out on our herps and how the UVB is best administered.

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,
    The UV meters list is the second best resource on UV lighting. The top resource is currently under construction and is owned by Bob Mac.
    The site itself is unfinished and information is currently being reformatted and made available. Everyone on the UV meter site knows Bob and a majority of the information found on that site was provided by Bob.
    In conjunction with reptile UV, Bob has decided to place some of the more advanced documentation and scientific test results on a formatted site.
    I am designing the site for Bob, so I can say that it will be available shortly. A majority of the site appearance has been completed, and some info has already been added. I will keep everyone updated upon its completion.

7. prismwolf

prismwolf Well Established Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but...step it up... :D . I can't wait to see the finished product! I've known Bob for about 4 years now...and I'm really glad to see the fruit of his research has made it so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.