This Disappears When Logged In

Madagascar tree boas

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by aleksi, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aleksi

aleksi New Member

I am wondering if anyone else here has these lovely snakes. I have three of them at the moment 2.1 and hoping to get babies this year. :p

2. venus

venus Founding Member

No I dont, but they are really cool looking :)...You must post pics to prove you have them :p, lol

3. aleksi

aleksi New Member

Ok here is the female basking under a heat lamp :D

55070726.jpg

Edit: does it show now? Sorry that I am such a mess with computers :confused:

4. JMM

JMM Elite Member

The pic is not working.
    This message appears: "You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied"

5. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Thanks for sharing the photos.

6. The D

The D Mango Empress

The picture works fine for me, she's beautiful =^.^=

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Works fine now!
    Very nice, How is the temperment?
    I saw one at a herp show that struck at anything that got close to the enclosure!

8. EdiferiousRex

EdiferiousRex Member

"Tree boa" What's the species? The female loosk somewhat like my Dumeril's Madagascar Boas..But not exactly.

9. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Sanzinia madagascariensis is the latin. Its not really a tree boa like an atb or etb. They like to climb but spend more time on the ground. They are about like a Indo tree boa and such.

10. aleksi

aleksi New Member

They are all really calm and sweet. Maybe the most tame snakes I have ever met :p Their scientific name has been recently changed and is now Boa manditra (former Sanzinia madagascariensis). As babies they are quite arboreal but as they get older (and bigger :D ) they spend most of their time on the ground. Althought the female has now been spending almost all of her time climbing around. Here is a picture of the smaller male, he is really tiny but I don't think he is all grown up yet.

viljo1.jpg

11. The D

The D Mango Empress

aw what a face, they look great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.