This Disappears When Logged In

Lucy And Ricky!

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by Treemarie, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

I swear there is always something goin on between these two iggy's that I have...okay every day after dinner I go out and do my usual little clean up on these guys before I bring them there food..well like I have been saying the female is very mellow and all of a sudden out of the blue when I was doing some straightening she went bezerk...hopped from one end of the cage to the other..almost seemed like she was trying to get away from me....she is the mellower of the two..I couldn't believe it I had to sit out there for a while before she even would calm down enough for me to give her food....as all this is happening The King just sat there a watched....it was like he was watching a show...he was the complete opposite he just hung out let me clean his cage and couldn't wait for the goodies I brought him...Any ideas why all of a sudden she acted nuts?? lol..nothing has changed...she saw me..I didn't spook her...maybe she is just missing HER MAN...lOL...thanks again for all your help...They are also looking soo much better since they are out in the sun all day...getting bigger also..well they have there own feeding bowls now..thanks again Theresa

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yes, she isn't being intimidated any more and is acting like a NORMAL ig now! Think of it as "freedom to stretch your legs"

3. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

maybe she didn't like your shirt. Ig's are goofy sometimes and something will scare them that you have no idea what it is. There is a thread about weird things that spooked peoples igs, including plaid shirts and other weird things

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Your clothing would be my guess as well. They react to some things very strangely!

5. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

This is getting crazier by the day...you think she might have gotten spooked by my clothes?? OH god now that I think of it I wonder if IT WAS MY GLASSES??? LOL.. I usually wear contacts and that night I had my glasses on ...that is just too funny....and when you said she was acting like a normal iguana..well I don't like that kind of normalcy...lol..she almost scared the **** outta me...it was so unexpected...but oh something new each and every day around here with these two...!!

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Scaring the **** out of you is normal healthy iguana behavior. You inherited two real handfuls.
    My iguana doesn't like people who wear hats. He puffs up really big and bobs his head off at me in the mornings when I get ready for work by putting on my bike helmet and sunglasses.

7. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

could be your glasses, and if the light hit them right it may have shown her a reflection of her self in your glasses. Oh my god! there is an iguana where her eye used to be!!

8. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

Hey guys just updating you on the status of my iguanas...well the orange tint on the male is going away..still a little bit but not like it was...does that mean that breeding season for him is over? They seem to be doing pretty good separated from each other...they can still see each other and have been acting pretty cool and mellow...I have noticed on some of the other pic of iguanas on this site that they are very green...Are all of them suppose to be that green ...mine are shedding and the skin underneath is greenish and nice and smooth but no where near the green I see on this sight....I also noticed today that the male has a slight blue color to him...is this normal or is he lacking something? Its funny cause I was telling you guys about the head bobbing...well as soon as I uncover them in the mornig I cover them at night...well that's when they bob at each other...its kinda funny....if I bob my head at them they seem to bob back!!! lol....thanks again...

9. Merlin

Iguanas change color as they age. Mature iguanas seldom have that same bright green color as the younger ones.
    Bobbing their heads at you is normal greeting behavior.
    There is a big male in our local herp shop. When I go in, we usually exchange a few head bobs and, as I have a full beard, I am sure that, to him, it looks like I have a dewlap!
    Other customers frequently find our little exchange quite amusing.

10. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

Thanks merlin....these guys do some crazy stuff and half the time I think I am just imagining it...after having them for like a month now and being the primary caretaker do you think they finally recognize me?? Sounds like a silly question but it seems like they do know me.. Never had iguanas so not to sure about some things...but they certainly do bob there heads when they see me...thank you...Theresa

11. Merlin

Iguanas are smarter than most people give them credit for. I have no doubt that they are starting to recognize you as the one who brings their food.
    I was at the zoo and there was one that as I moved down the way followed me, watching me thru the glass. As I struck up a conversation with one of the keepers I learned that I looked very much like one of the volunteers they had who tended to slip the iguana goodies!

12. dannigd

dannigd Elite Member

LOL Yes they are smart. Yoshi knows which cat terrorizes her and which doesn't. She will sit next to the cat that does not bother her without as much as a tail whip. The other cat on the other hand she will tail whip. Did I also mention that I have sat back and watch Yoshi terrorize the cat because she knows the cat can't get her. LOL and here I am blaming the cat all the time!

13. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

Haha, my iguana used to throw her food out piece by piece until my ex-roommate's kitten would come over to see what it was, then kermit would run all over her cage head bobbing.

She knew what she was doing, she would do it for hours and after the cat moved out she didn't do it since

14. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Hahaha that is hilarious! :p

15. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

OKay guys new question for ya....Now my iggy's are in the sunshine for a few good hours each day...i know they love the florida sunshine..they seem to be really doing good..eating ...bobing there head slightly at me when they first see me...but anways back to the question..they're outside and I think I heard someone say that they like to be spritzed with water...is this true cause i went out and bought a water bottle but I don't want to spray them unless they are gonna like it ....they do have water in the cage but all they seem to do I s poop in it...eww...thanks I like to get opinions before I try new things with these guys..just want to do right by them...

16. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Don't knock them pooping in the water it is the best way to insure an semi clean cage at least. lol

Just try to spray them just don't directly in the face and not real close and chances are they will enjoy it and if not oh well; it won't effect them they will get over it I promise.

17. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

haha I agree. I have put a LOT of effort into getting Tito to poop in his water! :p As for misting, it depends on the lizard. I bet they will like it: Tito Usually LOVES it...but then other times he hates it...he's so bipolar! haha

18. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

I am gonna try it tomorrow when they are in the sun..with them baskin in this florida heat I bet they will like it...i will just mist them and see what goes from there....thanks again guys...

19. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

mine didn't like getting sprayed with water until I got a mr.mister which has finer spray, it depends on the lizard but it adds humidity and is good to do if they like it or not, mine likes the shower better than just sitting in the tub, I fill the tub a little, then turn the shower on so she can get under the shower but can just sit in the water if she wants too.

Wild hearts likes the sprinkler outside

20. Treemarie

Treemarie Active Member

Oh god puttin them in the shower ...jezzz I can't even pick em up yet ...that courage I do not have yet....lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.