This Disappears When Logged In

Lucky

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by ToriH, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I'm in love with beardies. I want another one! But I keep telling myself to be realistic. I don't need another herp right now lol!

Cartridges are the way to go. I really wish they would go back to them. Today's technology could easily make it possible!

2. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

LOL, since when has need ever had anything to do with getting a new herp? :-"

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

LOL Like Ruby I was happy with one beardie but once I saw her pics on the add... We all know what happened there, she is looking great finally shed for me!

It's amazing how many people get a pet then simply no longer have the time to take care of them. I have a zoo here and I only have 2 hours of cage cleaning time. My set ups make it easy to clean, like my rabbits are litter trained.

4. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Nice! I too only responded to the ad for my dragons because I honestly thought they were crazy for wanting $140 for them :p Looks like I am getting mine in 3 days ;) Setting up the tank (Mum cracked the bottom, lol, so I have to replace it first, oy).

5. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I have one thing to say about the sports section deal: "HAHAHAHAHA!"

Lucky just keeps getting cuter the bigger he gets! I love his colors.

6. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I love any animal, well almost lol. When I get one, I'm devoted for the life of the animal. I made a promise to myself if for some reason I can never ever (God forbid it) properly take care of one of my animals, and I've tried everything, I would find them a home that would care for them. To me, Lucky is a breeze to clean. The newspaper on top of the repti-carpet works amazing even though it isn't pretty. I have the calender marked for the "throw Lucky into the cat crate and scrub cage with toothbrush" days and my family knows to leave me alone for an hour. I hate it when people impulse buy and an animal is mistreated because they don't have time or the proper knowledge. Just... :mad:

7. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I paid $80 for Lucky (including shipping), and I think that was actually decent! He came with paper work telling me who his grand parents are and boy he has some gorgeous beardie heritage!

I keep seeing this one beardie at PetsMart. He looks like he might be an orange morph too. He's about 4 inches long snout to tail, and just looks horrible. I've gotten on the "reptile" lady about his temps and lighting. If I had another cage set up and another 60 dollars I'd get that poor little guy. Gah, now I'm sad!

8. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Tori, just remember if you rescue him from a pet store, you are only making room for another poor reptile to take its place. Sad, I agree, but true :(

9. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I know, it's just depressing. I just hope if he does get adopted it's to a good home. Have you guys heard of LG the bearded dragon? The story makes me cry every time. Go look him up on youtube

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I use to work at the SPCA so I have seen my fair share of abuse, neglect and just plain stupidity.
    Pets are for life! There has been times where animals have not worked out in my home and I have found them new homes. Like my orange cat Nemo, everything we tried he would not use a litter box all the time, we had him for 3 years and tried everything. My kids leave their jacket on the floor Nemo would peed on it... So he lives in my friends barn now, she has heat lamps and feeds her barn cats. Plus I get to visit him still :)

11. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

I used to work at the Salmon Arm SPCA as well. I've so many things done to animals it's bloody ridiculous. Thankfully we do what we can and love our own babies the way we hope all are loved <3

12. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Tomorrow I'm taking Lucky for a check up. It's been almost a month since I first got him, so it's time. January will probably be the annual check up month for Lucky. Lol! He's breaking the bank, but this is the one herp vet in town.

13. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Vet trip went well! Lucky weighs 20 grams! The little fatty! His fecal came out clean too. He was not happy during this adventure. His normal yellow orange colors were, brown. Lol! But now he's back chilling under his light, on his stick being a beardie lol!

14. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Update:
    Oh! Lucky is turning so orange! I didn't notice how his scaly lips and eye lids are turning into a pumpkin! I really cannot wait for his next shed.
    From what I've witnessed and cleaned up, he's shed twice in the month I got him. So do they shed every 2 weeks on average? I'm just curious!
    He turns 5 months at the end of January. I'm excited to transition to more veggies, but I hope the little guy isn't too set on all those creepy crawly worms I give him!

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Spikey seems to always have something sheding! It seems to have slowed down a bit now that he is 6 months old. I love how each shed they change colors! Ruby has only shed one time here so far, I hope she has a nice big growth spirt!

16. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

This just brings a small tear to my eye. Lucky is 10 1/4 inches long snout to tail. He's grown 2 inches in less than 2 months. I'm gonna miss how small he is one day.