This Disappears When Logged In

Lucky

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by ToriH, Dec 8, 2011.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Very cute little guy!

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

That`s good!

3. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Measured Lucky today. At 3.5 months old he is 8.25 inches long from snout to vent. I can't wait to measure him again in a month!

4. sara122

sara122 Well-Known Member

congrats!!!!!! Enjoy how small he is and yes they grow fast. Don't forget to take the baby pics so you can watch him grow up in the pics later.

5. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

More pictures!

I re-arranged his enclosure since I had to replace some newspaper. He shed all over and pooed in an area I couldn't see lol!
    His basking is now 105 instead of 107 but he is always hanging out on the branch so I thought he'd like it in the light, which from the pictures you'll see he does! I got a new UVB light. I had a 5.0 in it before. It came from my old anole cage. I used it until finally today I was able to afford a 10.0.
    His belly no longer has black spots on it. Just a teeny tiny bit on his beard, but I think that's his coloration. His belly is a pretty creamy white. I gave him some small meal worms as a treat today and he gobbled them up faster than his dinner!

Edit!: I meant to type snout to tail. Oops sorry every one! I'm not the best at multitasking and lecturing people

Attached Files:

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi again, he looks great, the temps sound fine, and I like the device that`s keeping his basking branch in place.
    I`ll guess he`s around 18 to 19 inches ToL? Still some growing to do... Good work! :)
    EDIT: I forgot to ask; did you weigh him, too?

7. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Oh no! Silly me! I meant snout to tail. Darn my multitasking! I remember I was typing this while lecturing my Dad on measuring him and what not. I'm sorry!
    I haven't weighed him yet. I'll do that in January since I'll be able to use my college's scales! Which means show and tell for my Chem class! lol

And that device in awesome. Who knew my old tinker toys from elementary school could make an awesome contraption.

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

O.k, I foregive you for misleading me, I have to ask; did you just lend him the contraption, and will you want it back to play with, if you ever get bored??? ;)

9. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I might have to steal it back one day. I might want to make a car with it! But if it comes to me fighting him for it, I'll go back and play with legos lol!

10. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Lego rules ;)

11. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Until you step on one. How does something so small hurt so bad!

12. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

Oh I remember! My brother is still a Lego-nut, as are my 3 nieces ;)

13. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I have all the old school stuff and I'm perfectly ok with that. I love stuff from the late 80's and early 90's. Hence why I drop about 500 dollars on Super Nintendo and Nintendo stuff. Those rare games are pricy!

14. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

My 10 yr old is autistic and a Nintendo freak lol!! He has my Nintendo from 1985, a game cube, wii, gameboy advance, ds and is getting an xbox 360 for xmas lol. We spend a lot of time at the used game store here lol!

15. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Update!
    So Lucky is shedding, big time. I've soaked him and misted him. Can i do anything else to help him along? His colors are so pretty from what I can see! :D

16. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

It usually takes a few days for them to shed out completely once you see their skin start to pale. Just make sure the tips of his toes and the end of his tail shed and he should be fine with the rest on his own.

17. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Update! Woot! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a great New Years!

Lucky keeps on amazing me every day. I had to buy him greens a few days ago or maybe it was a week, time flies. The store was out of turnip greens so I grabbed some mustard greens. I did the routine of slicing them up and putting them in a little bag to help keep them crisp. That night I took up Lucky's worm salad. From what I read from other threads, Lucky seemed to eat his greens just fine, but he still was a butt head some days. I opened his cage and showed him a piece of green. I like hand feeding him since he will interact with me. He licked the green, like he does with everything new, and took it off of my hand. I set another piece on my hand, he ate it. As I was reaching towards the green dish, he darted onto my lap to my arm and had his head in the dish. I almost died laughing!
    Tonight I wiped out his cage with warm water and a small amount of dawn soap. I was very proud of him. My boyfriend added newspaper in his cage last time, and he made sure to put the sports section in it. I was so proud to find a healthy poo on Tim Tebow's face. Go Lucky!! Next time we need to aim for Tony Romo!
    His last shed went fine. I misted him and gave him a bath. His orange coloring is starting to look amazing. My little camera does not do it justice. I'm gonna steal my mom's camera next time! But for now you all must deal with a college kid's horrible camera! -evil laugh-
    Also, I measured his length 19 days ago. He was 8.25 inches then and now he in 9 inches, measured from snout to tail. I am amazed at how fast he's growing! But is that healthy? Should he be growing more? Less? I'll have him weighed when school starts, and I'm probably gonna get him into the vet for a check up soon. Just to make sure he's still healthy!

18. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I completely over looked this by accident! Your 10 year old is amazing! I love the fact that he knows what a cartridge game is! My collection is complete now! If you have questions on prices and what not just PM me. People will try to rip you off in the world. -grumbles- As cool as a N64 is, it's not worth 150 dollars....

19. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

20. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He looks good! I love how intense their colors come out with each shed!!

As for the games, I prefer cartrage games, they dont scratch like the disks!! lol