This Disappears When Logged In

Lucky

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by ToriH, Dec 8, 2011.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I like to learn as much as possible about the animals I keep, I hope you do, too! They are (Agamas), very closely related to Iguanas, which in turn are the closest living relatives of snakes, and then quite close to Varanids (monitors), they all belong to a clade (group of closely related animals) called the "Toxicofera"....

2. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

@_@ Hello animal classification I haven't seen you since high school. Lol!

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are you saying you`ve found other things to interest you, apart from animal classification?????? :D

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

But before you go getting the welder's gloves and the snake hook out,...
    Their alleged "venom" is just some proteins in their saliva.
    It poses no threat to humans.
    In fact there are still people arguing whether or not it should even be classified as "venom".

I have been bitten, scratched, pee'd, puked and pooped on by,....well I have lost count!
    If all the animals that some scientists are now claiming to be venomous were really so,....
    I would have been dead a long time ago.

5. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I hated biology so I went into geology.... YAY ROCKS AND DINOSAURS!

6. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Haha I'm not scared of getting bit. I'm sure I'll flinch the first time, but after that I should be fine. He has yet to show any signs of aggression. So I'm not too worried, but I'm sure there will be times I will royally upset him.

7. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

Looking good! Glad he finally got delivered.

8. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Just wow, I had no idea that this tiny little dragon could poop and eat so much! His poop is looking good... For being poop lol! He eats reptiworms and I am now finding him organic turnip greens! My dad offered him a small piece of green bean and the little guy gobbled it up.
    The blackness is almost completely gone now!

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

So I`m guessing he lived up to your expectations??? :D

10. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Yes, they are little eating, pooping machines when not basking and sometimes even when basking! My little girl would stay on her basking branch and eat upside down backend on the branch and front end in the food dish!
    They are little characters for sure, glad to hear he doing well, and his poop is looking good LOL :p

11. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Yes, yes he is! I am thrilled that he is pooping er... so well!

He loves the one branch I have in there for him. I'm gonna add more later... Once it warms up enough for me to go get some!

12. MadDog

MadDog Elite Member

He's so adorable! :)

13. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

I'm getting the baby beardie bug ;) Such a cutie!

14. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Moved the furnishings in my cage around. Lucky loves his branch and always hung out on it, so I placed in closer to the basking light and UVB light. Right now he's asleep on it! =D The dark tile I had in there before made the temps too high so now I had a off white tile as a basking platform, which has become his bathroom. His soak bowl is still on the cool side, and when he gets hot he'll go lay on the rim of it. He eats around 30 reptiworms a day and he eats his veggies through out the day. I replace the veggies twice a day so he's no eating nasty stuff.

Temps are 105-106 on the basking side, then 86 on the cool side. At night it doesn't drop below 77.

15. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, is the cool side 86f ambient (air)? If yes, it`s a little too warm, it should be between approx 24 to 27c (75 to 80f), that means he can cool down (without necesssarily soaking in the water dish). You need a decent gradient. The basking surface temp is good...

16. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

It's ambient. I'll lower my room's heater during the day then so it'll be cooler. Thanks! =D

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I actually come from not too far from where they range in the wild (a couple of hundred km), so I know how the temps can fluctuate, and especially during the night, it can get quite cool (though in their hiding places it will be slightly warmer)!
    You can always check inside his hide, and other darker places on the cool side, perhaps the temps are lower, which is o.k.

18. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I will do that! Thanks for the advice!

19. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

His hide is 76 degrees!

20. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

More photos! You can now see his oranges! Well that's my boyfriend in the pics, Lucky has taken a liking to him. The first pics was me interrupting his nap on my arm!

Attached Files: