This Disappears When Logged In

Lucky

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by ToriH, Dec 8, 2011.

1. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

So he arrived today! And I swear when I opened his little box my heart melted! He is absolutely adorable!!! If I could, I'd give him a hug lol.

So far I've warmed him up with a bath. the enclosure didn't have time to warm up so I improvised. He seemed to enjoy it. He sprawled out :) I waited till the enclosure got to around 100 before setting him in it. Now he's basking and looking around!

I'll have pictures tonight! If you ever need a gorgeous beardie go look here Bearded Dragons for Sale! Gorgeous dragons, and the breeder is a wonderful lady who keeps you well informed, and is very knowledgeable!

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yay congrats!!!! Glad he made it safe and sound. I can't wait to watch him grow up in pics!

3. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I just can't believe how TINY he is! I saw how small the box was he came in, and I was like huh? But I keep forgetting 7 inches includes the tail! I've been told to cherish this size lol. Don't beardies grow ridiculously fast?

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Hearing about cute baby reptiles makes me a little jealous, all of my pets have come to me 'used' and have been adults. Well, minus the iguana, but I just went to bed one night and woke up and he was 5ft long like magic.

5. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

So excited to see pics! Really glad everything worked out.

6. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

So glad that he arrived safe and sound! You sound like you are in love, looking forward to pictures of Lucky!

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I`m pleased you finally got him/her, i think he/she looks absolutely great!!

No, I haven`t actually seen the lizard, I just know he/she will.... (No doubt at all)... :D

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Your right they do grow like weeds :) That is unless like my girls previous owner you dont feed it. I can't wait until Ruby is nice and chuncky ;)

Just holding Ruby now it feels like Spikey was that small for a week lol!

9. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Here are some pictures!

Right now he is darkened because he's stressed. I would be too if i was in a little box for a day. But he ate some kale and ate all of his reptiworms, and has basked a lot. He took a nice poo earlier too.He has explored all of his enclosure, and licked everything in it lol! I'm hoping his stress levels will go down tomorrow, and I'm gonna resist the urge to hold him every five minutes for a few days.

Attached Files:

10. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So cute :) Looks like a happy little guy!

11. mld

What a little cutie pie! Thanks for sharing your baby pictures, nice to see that he is eating and basking!

On another note, as a hatchling make sure that when you offer greens stick with the staple ones, like dandelion greens, turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens and orange fleshed squash. Kale is something that should only be fed occasionally when juveniles and adults. Remember 80% protein and 20% greens until 5 months of age!

12. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Thank you! Kale was the only decent thing the store had. The mustard greens were... gross. Yuck! But I will try our indoor farmers market tomorrow and try to find better looking veggies!

13. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Congrats again and welcome to the wonderful world of beardies! You are absolutely going to enjoy all the strange faces they make, the funny poses they sleep in, and the crazy things they do. He's a cutie for sure, good luck with Lucky!

14. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

So today I was thrilled. Lucky was eating reptiworms right out of my fingers. He was hesitant at first but after he took one he didn't take long to figure out I was the key to food. His darkness has faded a little, and now there's just a little black on his beard and tummy.

15. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You might want to watch the feeding from the fingers. If he gets excited he won't be very discerning as to whether its food or fingers that he gets!
    It may not be much now but when he gets older it can hurt.

16. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I never thought about that. I don't think I want to get bit when he's older! I guess I'll just set the worms in my hand and let him climb onto it to get his food.

17. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Oh and here is the pictures of his spots and beard. Much much much better than yesterday.

Attached Files:

18. mld

It hurts, feels like they have a million little razor teeth!

19. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I was right, he does look great! The pattern is normal, doesn`t look stressed at all. The problem with feeding from your finger (tips), is that they have a "blind spot" directly in front of their nose, so don`t have good depth perception, so don`t risk it, I`ve never been bitten by an adult, but I can tell you they have extremely strong jaws, and very sharp teeth. And although they are very mildly venomous, absolutely no danger to anything much bigger than the inverts they feed on... ;)

20. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

Oh thank goodness. I was worried about the spots! I never knew they had a blind spot, or venomous. I learn something new every time I get on here! :D