This Disappears When Logged In

Looking For A Turtle Matching My Criteria, New Here

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by TobyToiser, Feb 27, 2018.

1. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Hi guys, in addition to a reptile, due to good conditions in the house for keeping I'm aswell considering a turtle. I wouldnt like anything big, max 30cm, that would been perfect size, but If bit bigger not a problém. Thing Is, that I would prefer smaller species. Aswell as for a reptile I have a budget of 100euro approximatelly. I would prefer exotic one, but Its not a most important condition, size is in the first place, wouldnt like anything too big. You could aswell advice on how should I arrange thé terrarium and what is nessessary for the turtle You would advice me to get. Many thanx to everyone willing to help, I'm new here.

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Are you interested in aquatic turtles or terrestrial turtles?

3. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Hello, any of them. The main criterium is is t the cost shouldnt exceed 150euros including the terrarium, without the equipment ofcourse. Cheaper better. But for the turtle I have a budget around 80 euro. You could suggest both types, several species from each one. Thanx alot in advance

4. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Hi, I stated both types, but lean a little bit more towards terrestrial

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can I ask which country you live in?

6. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Hello, ofcourse, I live in Czech republic

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Are there any species of tortoise or turtle that are native in your country?
    EDIT:
    It`s o.k, I checked online, you only have snakes...

8. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Yes:), there Is only one turtle so far as I know in wildlife And never heard of anyone keeping this specie. I'm aswell looking for something exotic for me.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

10. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

11. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

For an aquatic species, you might consider pink-bellied side necks. They stay smaller, so they should fit that criteria at least.