This Disappears When Logged In

Looking For A Snake Matching My Criteria, Need Help

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by TobyToiser, Feb 27, 2018.

1. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Hi guys, Im looking for a snake, Im new here and first time keeper. Previously owned many Tarantulas. So I have ať least experiences with exotic Pets, even I know this Is different. I'm looking for a Snake which would be ideally not bigger than 1-1,7m and I have a little idea of grtting E. mandarinus or L. mexicana, really like these two, but will be greatful, If You come with way more suggestions So that I'll really have plenty to choose from. Not nessessarilly handable Snake, but prefer it, smaller...better, not tiny, ideally 1-1,3 or so. I'd aswell like attractive look of the snake, but can afford only something within the range of 100euros. I want a baby Snake. You can aswell add something interesting about the snakes which you suggest. Many many thanx to all willing to help in advance.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Not sure what's available in your part of the world (read some of your other posts), but ball pythons are quite popular in the U.S. , as are corn snakes. Both come in a veritable rainbow of color patterns (commonly reffered to as "morphs"), the main differences being that corns tend to be more active and ball pythons are usually more sedate. Balls can also be a tiny bit more work for a keeper, since they sometimes go off feed for no apparent reason, and even though they usually doesn't cause them any stress, it can be rather stressful to a new keeper.

3. TobyToiser

TobyToiser Member

Hello, actually Iv got already a tip, probably will go for it, I like North American Hog-nosed Snake in certain morph, they are bit expensive here, but nothing what I couldnt afford right now. Thé size is just perfect and I Guess that when NA it wont be even some specific clima demanding type. The keeper told me it should be a good fit for me. What do you think?(If ur from USA and maybe You have way more infos about this specie than I do) but Its 95% go to for me, but thank You for ur tips too

4. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Those are good too, never kept them myself though.