This Disappears When Logged In

Looking For A Gf For Lou

Discussion in 'Hog Island Boas' started by snakemomGLHS, Sep 9, 2018.

1. snakemomGLHS

snakemomGLHS Active Member

We live in Tennessee, and we have yet to see another Hog Island around in the area. Is there a place like a website or forum that gets herpers together for this? He is beautiful and we would love to help maintain the species/blood line.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

If you haven't already, do a search for reptile shows in your area, also herp clubs or groups. That'll likely be your best bet. You also might try looking for a Facebook group that is local to you, but that can come with its own issues.

snakemomGLHS likes this.
  3. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

There's a Hog Island boa at the local pet shop, not sure about the sex. A bit pricey though, compared to buying a young one from a breeder. Have you checked on kingsnake.com and faunaclassifieds.com? There's also morphmarket. If you don't find any posted f/s you can post a "wanted" ad on fauna.

4. snakemomGLHS

snakemomGLHS Active Member

Yeah, we saw one in Nashville at all creatures but it was a male. All I see are males. I am not actively looking right now as breeding season is almost over for them. But by next year I definitely want to have home a female lined up.