This Disappears When Logged In

Long Time No Poop

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Releep, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Releep

Releep Elite Member

K so I got a female ball python 7 weeks ago and I forgot to ask what substrate they were keeping her on when I picked her up.
    She still has not pooped I have been giving her warm baths to try and get her to deficate but all I have gotten is a couple of small urates. How long is too long to go without deficating?

I can't remember the size of tub she is in.
    Newspaper substrate.
    Temps are 87 plus or minus a couple of deg.
    Measuring temps with a acu-rite digital thermometer.
    Humidity floats around 57%
    She is eating small F/T rats.

So far she has eaten twice for me and without hesitation the previous owners said that she refused f/t for them I'm thinking that they just didn't heat them well enough.
    She is definitely swollen at the back 1/4 of her but I don't feel anything hard so I'm not convinced that she is impacted.

2. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

You need to know the exact tempatures. What are you measuring them with?

3. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I am measuring the temps with a acu-rite temperature gage the hot spot is 85~89 set point on the thermostat is 87.

4. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

How long had the swollen area been swollen?

5. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I guess swollen is the wrong word to use she looks really full in the last quarter of her body like she is going to drop a big dooki and it's been that way ever since I got her it has gotten worse as time has gone on.
    I'm just not sure how long is too long between drops.

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Put her on your couch or your bed. Those seem to be a favorite poop spot for my snakes! Ok joking aside, the warm bath method seems to work great for mine. Did you have the water just deep enough that she had to swim? Sometimes exercize helps to get things "going".

7. Releep

Releep Elite Member

Yea she had to swim a little but not so deep she couldn't rest if she needed. And yes I tried the couch trick lol.

8. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

My bed was fun today! My old cat puked on it and then the kids hamster pee'd on it... My little green steam machine was the best$100 I ever spent!

I am sure I had a few go atleast a month without a poop, some like to save it for a nice surprize :)

9. Releep

Releep Elite Member

If she saves it much longer she is going to drop a dooki big enough to rival my adult rainbow boa's and those two make one **** of a mess.