This Disappears When Logged In

Liquid Calcium

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by deanine, May 23, 2012.

1. deanine

deanine Well-Known Member

i cant find pure powder calcium anywhere. i was wondering if its ok to use liquid calcium instead,

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I am not a big fan of the liquid. For one, you can't tell how much calcium you actually have in the fluid or if it is settled caked in the bottom, and being liquid, a lot of it just runs off into the bowl.

3. deanine

well i cant seem to find just pure calcium at any pet store it all has d3 plus vitamins in it i have that and give only once a week. i just bought the liquid stuff today and put a few drops in her water and on the mealworms in her tank until i find powdered calcium what should i use

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

5. BarelyBreathing

BarelyBreathing Elite Member

6. deanine

yes i have a leopard gecko and i have calcium plus i need to get just pure calcium. i have the same stuff repashy

7. BarelyBreathing

The Repashy Calcium Plus is all you need.

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm a little confused, I can understand using that for dusting her feeders, but as a dish of calcium to keep in her Leo's enclosure shouldn't she just be using Pure Calcium without all those other vitamins and minerals added???

9. justor

justor Elite Member

That's what I was thinking too.

10. BarelyBreathing

I use the Calcium Plus in my dish. I don't dust my feeders, because they are all properly gut loaded.

11. deanine

i think mine are properly gut loaded to, i use calcium water from flukers and th orange food from flukers too.plus they get oats so my cricks eat pretty good,so is that good enough?so u say to put the calcium plus in a dish and just let her lick that when needed? these little guys are so confusing!!!!!

12. BarelyBreathing

That's hardly a gut load. My inverts get twelve different kinds of vegetables daily, and one type of fruit and protein source.

13. deanine

wow i guess mine arent gut loaded good then.didnt know u could feed crickets veggies any suggestions on what to feed and the protein source wat do you use,i am new to this whole gecko thing and gut loading crickets so you have to bare with me here if i dont know it all about what im doin,i have to say though i have learned alot from being on this site you people have helped me through alot of my questions.and its much appreciated,i did put lettuce in the crick cage once but it got all mushy and i took it out.and hear i thought i was gut loading my cricks good lol guess not compared to yours they eat better than i do.