This Disappears When Logged In

Liam Update!

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by AjaMichelle, Aug 14, 2012.

1. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Hey Stefan :)

I really really hope she's not gravid. Sometimes she looks it, other times she doesn't. :/

I can't tell. Either way, I started filling her enclosure with substrate last night so I'm almost done!!! :)

2. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

I have the same feelings about my female Aja. One day I think maybe then next not so much... lol Hopefully everything works out for you!

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You know what Miss Aja Michelle, I think it would be a good idea to start weighing her, then at least you`ll know if her weight increases fairly quickly. I know, it would be "forced handling", but sometimes it`s worth the small ammount of stress caused, in this case her life depends on you knowing when/if she`s gravid....

4. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

Gorgeous monitor

5. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks! I hope so too! Not being able to tell makes me nervous, but there's not much else I can do, other than what I've been doing. I've been working on the enclosure during all of my free time.

I agree, I think I should start weighing her. I'm going to invest in a scale once I'm done with her enclosure. She allows me to pick her up so I don't think weighing her will be a problem if I let her investigate the scale first. :) I've been keeping a log of what she eats, when she poops, etc. so the weight will just be another component.

Thanks! :)

6. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

When we take our herps to the vet we weigh a tub and then put them in the tub and deduct it.

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Aja, I have small set of digital scales, they weigh up to 5kilos, I`d be happy to send them over if you want?

8. bradyloach

bradyloach Elite Member

Cassie rubs her nose on me to! haha i think its to look for food as well.

9. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Update:

I finished adding almost all of the soil tonight and finished the lights!

I just have to put the door in and move the soil in her raise-up enclosure over. I'm hoping to have her in the new enclosure on Sunday! Wooo!!! :)

774E7C7C-E16E-4C9A-9F8F-11924E1BC1DC-871-000000C52804D9BB_zpsac88da6f.jpg

F4F72E85-7BB4-43B6-9C52-5991A2134BAB-871-000000C54A10EE16_zps3cae976b.jpg

D33BC6E4-1C05-4B09-BB10-2F0385E9C871-871-000000C551A6432A_zpsd57b6e27.jpg

F7920215-562F-4FF8-9598-6F46C2BFF58B-871-000000C557F08093_zps7e6ddfb3.jpg

64CD331B-125E-4BF0-BC57-865070736323-871-000000C55E91533D_zps90cad0c9.jpg

10. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Aja, do you mean this sunday (tomorrow), or just that you hope to have her in there on a sunday (at some point)??? :-" ;)

11. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

LOL!

I meant this previous Sunday but it turned into a Sunday at some point. :)

I finished her enclosure tonight! :)
    905D7295-0F1C-4911-A939-AAC9981684F9-1997-0000022226DA48DF.jpg

I'm hoping to move her in tomorrow. :) but it'll depend on whether or not the enclosure has off gassed by then. :)

I'm so so so excited! :)

Attached Files:

12. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Awesome Aja! I'm sure Liam will love it!

13. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Looks great Aja! I bet she will love it

14. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Nice--it looks great! More pix plz!

15. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m really impressed, though I always knew you could do it, even running a day over schedule is forgivable looking at the end result, well done Miss Aja Michelle!!
    It`s such a shame they don`t grow trees where you live.... Maybe you can carve some branches out of some 2 x 4s, stain them, who`ll know besides me and you they`re fake (shhh)??
    One serious question; if the bottom part is 2 feet high, why is the substrate only coming partway up, and how deep is it?

16. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

Thanks!

The soil is a little under because I still need to move the substrate she's on now over. It should fill in that hole. :)

I like the idea of makin my own branches. :)

17. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It`s a good idea to put something in the new home from the old one, and the substrate will do that.
    I`ll look forward to you makin your own branches too (just watch when you`re choppin you don`t hit your finga. :-"
    I have commented on the other thread, personally, I`d remove the top shelf and use the lower one as a basking spot, thouh it would mean having the heat bulbs free hanging (so you can raise/lower them), would you consider doing that?

18. AjaMichelle

AjaMichelle Elite Member

I have thought about the free hanging lights and I don't think they're going to work out for me. I've tried using them in her 5 by 2 by 3 and they never gave me a consistent surface temperature, and I was more concerned about them getting smashed together than I am about her hanging on them. But, if the basking spot doesn't work out, I'll of course make any changes I need to. :)

I commented on the other thread too! :)

19. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Well these two discussions are bouncing back and forth... LOL. I mentioned in the other thread maybe just switching your stone out for a darker colored stone. Should absorb more heat. I am having a similar problem and it is going to be my first change when I get around to finding one.

20. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

very nice you have some talent there!!! i had to get my dad and his friend just to built my two 4x2x2 tanks