This Disappears When Logged In

Lets Have Some Fun Post Pics of Your Iguanas {THE IGUANA FEST}

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by goncho, Jan 20, 2010.

1. MikeTheMonkeyMan

MikeTheMonkeyMan Active Member

not sure on the age of ichi, best guess between me and the vet is 7-10 yrs.
    I actually found her last year outside my friends house. She was very malnourished, i could see all of her bones. No one tried to claim her, and the humane society did not want her, so I ended up keeping her. Totally glad I did though. When I brought her home, the diet change caused major diahrea and a prolapse, took her to the vet got it taken care of. Now after about 13 months of having her, well you can see above she is happy and healthy. :)

2. dieselmatt02

dieselmatt02 Well-Known Member

Mikethemonkeyman and Lloydene, you have some very good looking iguanas!

3. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Thank you!!

Then your Kermie has to be just absolutely adorable..;):D

4. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman Elite Member

Ozzy with greens stuck to his face:

Attached Files:

5. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

OK, Here's My Green Meanie!

002_-_copy_604839_thumb.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Gojera7

Gojera7 Elite Member

How old is he? He looks pretty young, but very handsome none-the-less.

Attached Files:

7. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I had to go back and look through my old posts to find the exact date. I got him in july of 2007.
    His growth is most likely stunted because in retospect, I did a poor job his first 18 months or so in the feeding and hydration department. I have kept carnivorous reptiles all this time with my Ig and at first I fell into the thinking that all reptiles are the same as far as the feeding schedule goes.

A monitor lizard can go several days on a belly full of rodent, But I have since learned that an Ig needs much more frequent meals. Greens get digested at a higher rate with Igs than animal protein in a monitor. And meat for a monitor is nutrient dense while veggies for an ig must be eaten in greater volume for them to get the protein that they need.
    It's sort of like how a cat can take a quick meal of a rat in the afternoon while a rabbit has to graze all day.
    Anyway, He's been a survivor despite my mistakes. I accidentally broke his tail off when he was a baby and it has regrown nicely. He still has all his toes.

8. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

Gosh everyone!!!!!

I love all the pics & really wanted to comment on all of them but that would take up toooo much space.

I will post some new pics of LaLa tomorrow my batteries died,
    but the newest I have are under Gravid Ig those were just a few days ago.

Nat & LaLA

9. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

Ah, I'm sad because I don't really have any recent pics of Nathan's parent's iguana! I have a few though, but they are a little after the "oh we just realized we messed up" time, so she isn't exactly at her healthiest here!!! I still wanted to share because I think she's beautiful even if she had a rough beginning :(

As you can see in these photos, she had begun to develop MBD(Which is how they realized they needed to get their care in order!)
    Thankfully it hasn't progressed since the day they took her to the vet and changed her lighting! She also has some missing toes that were already gone when they got her and I'm sure you iguana owners will notice things about her I haven't mentioned. Oh! And her cage, this was her old home but is now just her outdoor enclosure(as you can see the little bits of stuck shed she had a humidity problem and..er her nose is rubbed a little bit raw) I almost feel bad for posting these, I'm sure she'd be embarrassed! But I feel it's good to know where she came from and where she is now(when I get some recent pictures). I'm still impressed with how green she is! She's 4 or 5 now and bright as a little hatchling, I love it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are odd pictures because they were more for record keeping and just to see how she looked at this time(and to show the vet before they took her in)

Poor girly! I'm glad things are looking better for her now though, even if her poor jaw is messed up! :( She's terribly sweet though! In these pictures she's about 2 years old I think?

Whenever I go back home I'll see if I can get any updated pics of her being goofy! :)

10. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

purplemuffin, I just LOVE yor pics, I myself do not think they are goofy!!

I would like it if you would e-mail me I have a artistic question & I think you might be able to help me out.

Thanks Nat & LaLA

11. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

Here is a pic of LaLa & I snuggling on a raining yukky nite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know some people dont agree with me kissing LaLA but I have to say in my defense in all the years Ive had her neither LaLa or myself has ever gotten each other sick.

Nat & LaLA

12. purplemuffin

very sweet, I know nathan loves to kiss Maru even though he probably should be careful, he can't help it, he's just gotten used to kissing all his babies(Since his cockatiel was a little baby!)

13. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I can't help kissing kermie either, but i kiss her side/shoulder

14. IguanaMom

IguanaMom Elite Member

I know we are not supposed to but Im such a lover!!.

My cardioligist actually met LaLA and he told me (many many years ago)
    since I keep her enviroment so well cleaned & have had her so long that if I hadnt gotten salmonella yet I most likely wouldnt. Dont know how right he is however for 10plus yrs kissing her I (myself) think its all right. Now my daughter well its another story, she does not like LaLa at all, but he loves LaLa & I let him kiss her & pet her, I do have him wash his hands after petting her, but I (& only myself) think its ok.

I dont however recommend if you have a new on or fairly new reptile to do this.

15. Kendalle

Kendalle Elite Member

I guess it is just be aware of the risk of your actions. It is ultimately your decision anyway.

16. Og_

Og_ Elite Member

I'd like to know what type of camera that you are using! Those pics have so much definition to them!

17. purplemuffin

I believe Nathan used a nikon coolpix for these photos.. Not sure the exact one, just one of the better ones. It has a very very nice macro setting which is what I use to take pictures of the reptiles! :D

18. slack31337

slack31337 Active Member

here is LeaZard.. I still need to figure out what sex it is

UNcCf.jpg

Attached Files:

19. LLoydene

LLoydene Elite Member

Gona be waiting a while!!:D

20. Gojera7

Gojera7 Elite Member

LeaZard has very similar coloring to my Tizzy. How old?