This Disappears When Logged In

Leopard Gecko Tries To Attack Me

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Angelica, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Angelica

Angelica New Member

My leo, Gordon, has tried multiple times to attack me thru the glass of his tank. I just bought him from a friend, he is bout 6 months old. I sit there and look at him and he gets his slow defensive tail wave happening then right before he jumps, he gets his tail waiving really fast. The he jumps at me and tries to bite me. I also don't believe that he did it because he was hungry, because he just ate.

2. Atroxus

Atroxus Well-Known Member

How recently did you get him? Most experienced keepers recommend giving new reptiles at least a week with no human interactions to let them acclimate to their new home. If you have had him less than a week he may mellow out if you leave him alone for a while.

3. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Since he is young and you just got him he's acting that way out of fear. Give him some time alone and then start slowly working with him, leopard geckos are generally very mellow and I'm pretty confident yours will chill out given some time.

4. Angelica

Angelica New Member

okay thank you guys. he hasn't done it in a while. I'll still let him be, though.