This Disappears When Logged In

Leopard Gecko Shed On Back Scales

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Lynne, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Lynne

Lynne New Member

Hey, my female adult leopard gecko shed a few weeks ago. Her shed seemed to go well, although there may have been a few pieces of shed stuck on her toes, which I was able to easily take off. Yesterday, as I was playing with her, I noticed some pieces of shed stuck on the scales on her back. I was able to get a few pieces off gently with a wet Q-tip and a pair of tweezers, but there are still some remaining. Would it be okay if I left these pieces on her back, as they don't seem to be bothering her and are very tiny (some are much smaller than the actual scale)?

Thanks,
    Lynne

2. Mr Goodcat

Mr Goodcat New Member

hi Lynne, if its very small, it should fall off on its own. Can you describe your enclosure set up? Do you have moiste hide?

3. Hello Lynne,

Mr Goodcat asked a great question; if you don't already have a humid hide, I would highly suggest putting one in your enclosure. I have had many leopard geckos in the past and a humid hide is a necessity. Any small container your gecko can enter will suffice. I have always used tupperwares in the past and just cut a hole in it for my geckos to enter and exit through. Make sure to keep the lid on to keep the humidity in. For a "substrate" within the hide I've always just used absorbent paper towel folded up and kept it moist. I placed mine underneath the heat source (or on top if using a UTH).