This Disappears When Logged In

Leash??

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by SammieLee, Apr 24, 2013.

1. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

With summer coming up I am thinking about the best way to be able to take our dragons outside with us. I think a leash is a great option. There are so many out there I don't know what to buy. I know I can make one but I would rather buy one :) I really like this one https://www.facebook.com/DragonTamerLizardLead I am just not sure when I will be able to order one since it doesn't look like they are taking orders now. Also not sure if it is the best option. I want something my son (age 9) can put on his dragon himself. I want to know the dragon can not get out of it and my son will not be making it to tight. I will teach him how to put whatever we get on and help as long as he needs me to. I would love to be able to offer a little natural sunlight.

2. herpgirl250

herpgirl250 Elite Member

I like the looks of those they look softer than the one I have. I like to put them on Rosie I don't have to worry that he might get spooked and run you never know when that might happen.

3. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

Just a question as a mother...would your 9 year old try to pull the dragon around on the leash?

4. herpgirl250

herpgirl250 Elite Member

I would never expect him to walk on the leash just when he is sitting on the grass anything can spook them. I have seen Rosie run she can really move I would be afraid I would lose her. If I have him in the car or on my shoulder I don't worry about using one. I have a ten year old and he would be horrified by a leash :) but he would never bolt and run away.

5. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

The leash is just for safety. We will have him our shoulder or right beside us. It's not to walk just to keep for losing :)

6. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

No. He is very good with his dragon. I don't think he would even put him on the ground just want the leash for safety :)

7. Komododragon12

Komododragon12 Elite Member

Just make sure no one in your area gets scared and tries to pull "ban all reptiles" on you.

8. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

That would not be good... As of right now out none of our neighbors care.

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

word of warning: make absolutely certain your neighbors are ok with reptiles. I take my desert tortoise out front to eat weeds on days I am home and the renter next door (who is a horrile renter and trashes their place) threw a huge fit about my reptiles and reported me to the cops and the HOA for having dangerous animals...Its a handicapped tortoise what is it gonna do? Now I make a point of taking a tort out everyday and flaunting it in my neighbors face. It really galls him that his kids love my animals.

Just because I am venting: how dare he call on my tortoise when he lets his 150 pound chocolate lab run around without a leash and jump on any neighbors he feels like. His dog is sweet but he still needs to remain in control of him.

10. SammieLee

SammieLee Elite Member

I know they are right now because one of my neighbors has a bearded dragon also :) thanks for the warning though. I agree he needs to remain in control of his dog. I would love it of I looked out and saw a tortoise...lol

11. herpgirl250

herpgirl250 Elite Member

As long as your reptile is,legal there should be no problem taking it out in the yard. My neighbor despises reptiles he even approached me when he found put I have a ball python his wife is terrified of them. Out of curtesy I don't bring him out in the yard I know people, are really afraid of snakes. However when it comes to my beardies whether he likes it or not they are coming out in the yard with me.

12. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

I am so lucky my nearest neighbor is almost half mile away! hahaha

13. herpgirl250

herpgirl250 Elite Member

You are we are all on top of each other around here, but I do love where I live.

14. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

We moved in December to a huge house in the country. I have 2 special needs children (one of whom is Autistic) and where we did live they just weren't able to enjoy going outside without being in trouble. So we intentionally moved to the middle of no where for the kids to explore and be tactile.

15. herpgirl250

herpgirl250 Elite Member

There are plenty of times I wish I could move my neighbors several acres away must be peaceful and private. No privacy here.