This Disappears When Logged In

Knight Anole ?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by tink, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tink

tink Elite Member

Alright so yesterday at a petsore I saw this labeled lizard as 'Cuban Knight Anole' for $59.99 and let me tell yuo this "anole" was HUGE! Are these kinds really that big?! I have only seen the tiny Green and Browns.

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

3. venus

venus Founding Member

4. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Oh yes, knight anoles are the giants of the anole world. There's actually a great deal of anole species out there, but the only one commonly kept are the American green, the brown, and the knight. The first two are much more common due to their small size and ease in obtaining. Just for fun, here's a site that has some good pics of some of the other anole species out there:

http://www.herpseeker.com/worldspecies/Sauria/iguania/anolis.htm

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow Matt, that site had some really cool pictures! *updating wishlist*

6. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Going to start delving into anoles now are we? :p

Yeah, I was going to post individual pics of each species, but then I found that site instead.

7. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Nope, I'm just going to get a frilled lizard before you do and rub it in your face ;)
    You can fly out here and come babysit it while i'm camping....just watch out, my mom thinks you're kinda cute :D

8. tink

tink Elite Member

lol @ lacey

them anoles are pretty cool, makes ya wanna add them to your wishlist huh

yeah the anole i saw had a HUGE head, i thought something was wrong, but i guess thats normal?

9. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Yeah, that would be a male then. Male anoles in any species have a proportionally larger head in comparison to their bodies than the females do. To add to that, knight anoles in general just have big heads, so the males are that much more impressive. They'll eat other anole species for breakfast :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.