This Disappears When Logged In

Juvenile Gray Tree Frog Now Has a Pattern!

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by 0Amy0, Nov 9, 2013.

1. 0Amy0

0Amy0 Well-Known Member

I am very excited because my youngest tree frog has suddenly started showing his/her pattern! When I first got this frog, it was extremely unhealthy. My neighbor's found it in their basement and I didn't think it was going to live. At that time, it was very dark, almost black. Within about a week, it turned green, and stayed bright solid green like a gray tree froglet typically does. The last few days, she/he started changing from green to gray with a pattern. We originally named the frog 'Cricket' but have decided to change the name now that the pattern is showing.

This is Atlas (formerly Cricket) because my daughters think that her pattern looks like a world map!

IMAG1234_BURST018_1_zps014f5d2b.jpg

I've posted about him/her before, but Atlas was incredibly unhealthy when I got her 2 months ago. She was super skinny, all eyes, and almost black with tight unshedded skin. She was about a half inch in size. Now, Atlas is just over an inch and, as you can see, very healthy! I started her with pinheads and fruit flies and now she eats small or small/med crickets. Originally, she hid every time I walked in the room, and now she is happy to bask in the light on the edge of her bowl (I bowl feed to prevent escaped crickets and help her hunt easier)

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

very cute. Good job on Atlas' recovery.