This Disappears When Logged In

Just My Typical Every-day Pics.

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by uvreptilenh, Mar 19, 2015.

1. uvreptilenh

uvreptilenh Well-Known Member

A friend on my facebook commented that there's almost never any pictures of me without having an animal of some sort in it... I suppose they have a point.

Attached Files:

2. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing them.

uvreptilenh likes this.
  3. arojas7112

arojas7112 Established Member

Love the tegu! I have an Argentine that was a rescue. Beautiful alligator as well! Is that an alligator snapping turtle? I'm not very good at distinguishing turtles.

uvreptilenh likes this.
  4. BrownFoundling

BrownFoundling Established Member

I couldn't handle the tarantula climbing on me like that. Not because I'm an arachniphobe, that went away a long time ago, but rather because I am too ticklish and I am afraid I would twitch wrong and make it fall.

Darkbird, uvreptilenh and arojas7112 like this.
  5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Lol, don't feel like your the only one. On the rare occasion I'm even in the shot, there is either an animal or an aircraft involved.

uvreptilenh likes this.
  6. arojas7112

Do you have a fear of flying Darkbird?

7. Darkbird

Lol, heck no. My other hobby beside the critters is radio control vehicles, mostly planes and helicopters. I'm also an enthusiast of full size aircraft. I'd have had my pilots license by now if rent a plane to fly wasn't so expensive. 20130804_112347.jpg 20140607_182805.jpg First shot was at a large heli event, all but a couple of those are mine. Second shot is just what came out of my van one day when I needed to unload. Not a great pic since the wings weren't on many of the planes.

kriminaal, arojas7112 and uvreptilenh like this.
  8. arojas7112

We're like two peas in a pod in this aspect Darkbird haha I've been flying radio controlled airplanes ever since I was 5 years old (23 now). By your picture I see we have a similar taste haha you can NEVER go wrong with ugly stiks! The profile (I think it is) biplane is awesome and so is the P-51. After years of tinkering with my models I made it a profession by getting my A&P license. I work on helicopters now and its just a dream job! I hear you about the prices of flying, but it can just become so addicting. Luckily, I get some flight time on helis every now and again during test flights after maintenance.
    61239944e39411e2803b22000aaa07e6_7_zpsvawbvxy0.jpg
    Our Sikorsky 58T taking off.

Darkbird likes this.
  9. arojas7112

Pretty awesome that I found that out about you Darkbird! I was always a bit too nervous with r/c helicopters. Seems like you have helis covered! If I'm not mistaken, is that ugly stik a kit? I remember putting one together a long time ago that was a similar size to yours. You should make it your goal one day to get your license! Its kind of funny, have always thought once you get "bit" by this aviation bug you will always have it in you. I feel that monitors are the same way!

Darkbird likes this.
  10. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Nice photos.
    I don't end up in too many shots myself as I'm usually behind the camera.

Darkbird likes this.
  11. Darkbird

Well now that we got the thread totally off track, I'll just go with it for now, lol. It's not a matter of getting the license, I could do that almost any time I want since it's a one time cost. I was under the impression that you had to log a certain number of hours of flight time a year to keep the license. I know 20 years ago a buddy of mine was paying something like $50 an hour plus fuel cost to rent a little 2 seater, I can't imagine what it would cost now, probabaly a couple hundred and hour. Now if hours logged in an ultralight counted, that would work, there is one for sale in my area that I could afford.
    Oh, and that's actually a sport scale Eindecker covered in completely the wrong colors, not an ugly stick. Not much difference between the two really.

12. arojas7112

I know, sorry uvreptilenh for hijacking your thread! Didn't mean to go off course. I'll just keep it short and say that there is no required time that you need to complete annually. You just have to pass a biennial flight review every two years. You can not fly for a couple years and still hold your pilots license, you'd just have to take that review to get it updated. Its a one time cost but you have to take a knowledge test and then a practical test. Before you take the practical test, its a must to have 40 hours of flight time, 20 with an instructor and 10 hours solo. I think the hours on a ultralight used to count, but I don't think they do anymore? Best part of an ultralight is that there is no license required. If you do look into ultralights, just make SURE the maintenance has been up kept. There is no requirement to record maintenance on an ultralight, so some people can get a bit lazy about it. Darn, I thought it was an ugly stick!

13. Darkbird

I'll take this to pm so as not to keep the thread derailed, lol. Suffice it to say, like kriminaal, I'm usually the one taking the shots, so hard to be in them.

14. Brianne

Brianne Member

Really great photos!

15. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Always fun to see others images, I'll have to post a few I forgot to get up lately :p

Jeffries, Shawn--6.jpg Jeffries, Shawn-66.jpg Jeffries, Shawn-3243-2.jpg

Karma Momma, Darkbird and Brianne like this.