This Disappears When Logged In

Just more ambient light

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Scaley Fetish, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scaley Fetish

Scaley Fetish Elite Member

I've got a 100 watt flood heat/UVB light as well as a 75 incandescent spot....both are situated from center (spot) to one side of tank (UVB Flood). I want to add more light in the darker half without raising the heat. My thoughts are a simple flurescent. Now I do know that dragons sense heat and light from one spot on their little heads....Do you think they may get confused with the bright fluorescent light and mistake it for a warm spot?

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

They wont mistake it for a hot spot, I use spot lights a 48'' tubes to light my enclsures and they dont get confused by it.

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

No it won't confuse them at all, they are clever enough to sense the heat spot and they also know where to get the UV from and how often they need it - you'll probably notice that sometimes they sit closer to the UV light than others, and when you put a new UV light in, they seem to tend to sit under it more often as they know that it's emitting higher levels of UV through being able to see the UV spectrum - something which our eyes can't see.

We use an old uv fluorescent tube attached to the top of the tank on the cool end to brighten it up, as otherwise it's too dark down that end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.