This Disappears When Logged In

Ixi

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by hennisntacanibal, Jul 7, 2010.

1. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I got a female mouse about eleven months ago as consolation for when my best friend moved out of state. Two days ago we found her lying there, all limp and sad, with a pustule on the side of her body. I'm wondering if she had tumors. Anyway, I'm not overly heartbroken about it as I would be if it had been one of my reptiles, but it just frustrates and irritates me that I couldn't do anything about it. And I guess a year for a pet store mouse meant as a feeder isn't bad, but I still feel like I should have done better by her. I hope she didn't suffer too much. Sigh...

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Since the average lifespan of a pet mouse is about 2 years, assuming you got it as an adult, it was nearing the end of its time. Its doubtful you could have done anything about it.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Doesn't sound like there was much you could do, they don't live for a long time. Dont beat yourself up, it was time for Ixi to go. Sorry for your loss.

4. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Thanks. It's just hard I guess even though I know I couldn't have done anything.

5. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm sorry for your loss. I realize how easy it is to become attached to any animal, and it's never easy to lose one. I'm sure you did all you could for her.

6. Medium

Medium Elite Member

I did not know you could post about other animals besides reptiles. We just lost our cat, I even had to watch him die right before my eyes. That was tough to do!

Sorry to hear your mouse passed.