This Disappears When Logged In

It Finally Arrived My Female Reticulated Python!!!

Discussion in 'Reticulated Pythons' started by SnakeTamer, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

I finally got my femmale retic this morning. She is healthy and very bright in color, the pictures don't do her much justice because its a camera phone photo but she seems to be healthy and very shy I didn't want to bug her too much as I know a new environment she must have been stressed. So I just took some photos and put her in her new environment. I'm really excited I always wanted to deal with these breeds and now I finally get to. Decided to name her Storm. 0515121230.jpg
    0515115417.jpg

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

You'll have to post more photos once she gets settled in! Congrats on your new addition :)

3. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Congrats!!

4. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

Thank You I will. I didn't want to handle her too much as I know she was stressed from the traveling. Her eyes are amazing though.

5. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! I assume that you DO know what you are getting into!

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

When I was much younger I had one get to 17' before I got out of the big snakes. Nice thing about retics is they don't get AS heavy as burmese lol :p

7. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats, She looks like she'll be a pretty one

8. mld

Hopefully she doesn't get as big as Fluffy did, I felt so bad for her!

9. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Congrats!! The Zoo in Edmonton has a couple they are stunning and HUGE! Of course illegal to own up here. Red tail boa and Olive pythons are the largest allowed in Alberta.

Lots of color on her, she'll be stunning :)

10. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

lol yes I was never one for the small snakes years I had over a 14' albino burm that I sadly gave away I was never one for the small snakes but always get tha=em as hatchlings as crazy as that is.

11. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

Very true mine was extremely heavy I felt like I was lifting weights every time I held him.

12. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

Fluffy??Never heard of her but I know the pre-cautions of them being huge and I would never go way over my head without knowing what I really was getting into. I would never start off with a retic if I thought I wasn't ready, before her i had a african rock and burmese python sadly they were given away because the whole moving process but I have a house of my own with a wife no kids that loves snakes as much as I do. So if she gets really big I'm ready for it.

13. mld

14. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

oooh yea I remember now he lived for so many years and was really huge. A cute name for such a big snake

15. Merlin

And for a retic surprisingly docile! Fluffy was owned by Bob Clark a local python breeder. I had a chance to see her a few times and she was really an incredible animal
    fluffy.jpg

Attached Files:

16. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

So what do you feed them when they get as big as Fluffy?
    I know the meat rabbits(flemish giants) get to about 20lbs, but that's not going to cut is it?

17. Merlin

Two days before that shot was taken she ate a 40 POUND pig!

18. SnakeTamer

SnakeTamer Member

Oh wow I can't believe you got to meet fluffy, very lucky. Yea the huff and puff of retics are overly exaggerated they do get big and can be a danger but I think with the right handling and precautions towards any breed really especially ones that grow large can turn out to be docile giants.

Attached Files:

19. Serpentes

Serpentes New Member

Congratulations on receiving your new girl!
    Be sure to share some more pictures once she's all settled in. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.