This Disappears When Logged In

Is This Too Much?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Leanne130, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Leanne130

Leanne130 Established Member

I just bought lots of new decorations for shakiras Viv but everyone is telling me it's too much and that it is going to stress her out if I have too much? Is that true? I don't want to stress her out or make her afraid? 20170814_210900.jpg 20170814_210906.jpg 20170814_210947.jpg 20170814_210952.jpg

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I`m not sure why providing a lot of cover would stress the snake out, maybe the people that told you it would could explain in more detail? How is the humidity level now, I notice quite a large vent, is there another on the other side of the enclosure?

3. Leanne130

I don't know why they think that but to be honest I think a lot of cover is good as they hide a lot, bit maybe changing her Viv about stresses her or something? O don't know, and there is 2 large vents, unfortunately I don't have a humidity reader as there weren't any in stock at the pet store so I'm going to order one off ebay; she just shed there a couple days ago so it must be Okay, especially if the shed was complete with no holes and even eye caps were Still there! And yes there are 2 large vents at each side of her Viv, I love her to bits and just want to make sure I am doing everything right and the best for her! Thanks for your help:D

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Yes, changing things in their "house" can be stressful, but in this case I think you`ve done what`s best. It`s good the snake shed without any problems, but all the same it`s still more difficult to control both temps and humidity with two quite large vents.

Leanne130 likes this.
  5. Leanne130

True that I have a thermometer in and the hot side goes up and down all the time I make sure it's never over 30 tho I co stably check it and I bought a spray bottle so I could just squirt water on it regularly is that Okay? While I have to order the humidity reader

6. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

I can tell you are invested in shakira, and I'm sure she will live a long and healthy life because of it! Cover is great (especially for little baby noodles like shakira) as long as they can make use of the floor space and stretch out (which it looks like she can). Normally I would agree with murr about the airflow issue, atleast with high humidity animals, but cornsnakes do well at normal room temperatures, and with a basking spot of 85f, and normal room humidity levels. And actually restricting the airflow too much will increase the humidity levels beyond what is comfortable for a corn snake, and increase the chances of a R.I. or mildew growth. :)

7. Leanne130

Oh I am I love her so much I'm not even joking I wake up at like stupid o'clock in the morning ing just to make sure she is okay Hahaha!:D and thank you so much means a lot seeing that! And yeah that's good so the Viv is grand for her? I'm so grateful for all your help! It means a lot even tho I post a thread every otttther day:p I'm sure you'd will be sick of seeing my name

8. AmityReptiles

This is enjoyable for me to talk about reptiles so it's all good. It looks like a decent setup for sure. Just a lonely ophidiomaniac's opinion though :)

Leanne130 likes this.
  9. Leanne130

Awk that's good you enjoy it and I'm not annoying you'd and yeah don't worry she will be getting a bigger Viv when she gets bigger, she's only a wee tiny baby at the minute and doesn't need millions of room! And awk thank you don't say that about yourself tho:(

10. AmityReptiles

Might need a bigger water dish pretty soon though. As long as she can soak in it without squeezing in too tight, it should be good.

Leanne130 likes this.
  11. Leanne130

Yeah I'll get her a bigger one. She seems so happy now aw I just love her so much:D

AmityReptiles likes this.
  12. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Nothing wrong with providing plenty of cover. Once the snake adjusts to the change in the "furniture" it should feel more secure. IME even "ground" snakes will climb if given something to climb on, though they don't typically hang out on branches like arboreal or semi-arboreal species.

Leanne130 likes this.
  13. Leanne130

Thank you! Yeah she loves her Deco she's been climbing on the red plant, hehe