This Disappears When Logged In

Is This Supposed to Happen?

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by Seandeezy, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

Alright...so I've seen this happen once before and thought it coulda been an accident. I had crickets in the cage and my geckos were feeding. The female bit the males tale, I thought make it could have been just an accident. Tonight I saw the female like shaking under the log so I was like what in the world. So I lifted up the log and the male was biting her tail.

What the heck is going on? lol.
    Is this some sexual thing that I'm unaware about?

2. Drache Dame

Drache Dame Elite Member

It sounds like they're mating, but it could be some other type of aggression.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Not to say you don't know anything. But are you sure they are a pair?

4. Orca

Orca Elite Member

I'm not sure what it is but I would separate them. They aren't social animals and this sort of thing will probably happen again when you aren't around to help.

5. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

My skinks used to nip each other on the base of the tail and really bite down, the male definitely did some pre-mating damage to my female and left some big scars. After that I decided that breeding them was not worth the stress it was putting on her and they were not allowed to pair up anymore.

6. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

Yeah I forgot to mention...my female laid two huge eggs. :) so yeah I'm sure they are a pair!

After when I wrote this to you guys last night, I watched the male closely after the female took off and hid under another log. The male came up to her and like started to shake his tail like vigorously and climbed up on her and was like groping her pretty much. He was rubbing all over her and stuff.

Right now, I just saw the male try to climb over her and into the log cuz its warm under there and she got like really intense really quick. She lifted herself up and was about to bite him lol.

I have no idea what is going on haha. I feel like I'm referring a game.

7. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

It's just weird. The female really seems like she's on edge. Like whenever the male climbs over her to go into the hiding area, she freaks out and stands up and shakes and stuff. But it's okay when she crawls over him of course lol. She doesn't even want me to handle her or anything, it's as if shes on edge. I'm not sure if this has to do with laying eggs about a week ago.

8. Midori

Midori Elite Member

It sounds like she's not wanting to mate so shes trying to remove herself from the male when he want's to mate. I'd get her her own set up sounds like she'd be much happier without his harassment.

9. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

He is trying to mate with her and she wants no part of it. Best thing to do is to give them their own setups.