This Disappears When Logged In

Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by OokamiReyuu, Mar 9, 2013.

1. OokamiReyuu

OokamiReyuu Well-Known Member

Hello i noticed that my baby boa doesn't use her hides at all but would rather prefer to either hide in her branches or underneath them, i'm worried that shes not getting enough belly heat and she is mostly at ambient temp which is between 75-85 and the warm side 90-95 should i rearrange her branches to closer to the uth? Aslo i tried feeding yesterday and she showed now interest in it even after about an hour alone with it. I'm gonna try tomorrow after 6ish to see if that was the problem.

2. Boaboy

Boaboy Active Member

Hi my baby red tail rarely goes in her hide also...so i did some research...i found out that they are.... um ...i think it's called ambiant or something correct me if im wrong but ....boas like to climb and will spend a lot of time in their perches and branches ....im sure that she crawls around and explores a bit....and you have to remember that snakes are nocturnal so they are most active at night but dont stop u from taking it out in the day they love out of tank time during the day.........now the food problem ...if u just got it the boa may be stressed out or if u r feeding it frozen it may only take live or the other way around .....there are some cases in which the snake is very picky and will only eat if u r out of the room....it has never happened to me tho so i hope this was usefull reply back!!

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

babies are a bit arboreal actually but don't try to feed tomorrow. Leave the animal alone for atleast a week and then try again. frequent attempts will stress them out

4. Boaboy

Boaboy Active Member

yesss thats the arboreal ....haha what was i thinking ambiant for !

5. OokamiReyuu

OokamiReyuu Well-Known Member

Um I got her on the 23rd of February and shes ate for me before..... Im wondering if the feeder was bad