This Disappears When Logged In

Is This Acceptable To Have Happen?

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Owen Baranoski, Nov 23, 2017.

1. iRene

iRene Elite Member

Your setup is beautiful and I can see you have put much time and thought into it. May I ask how you can know that all inhabitants are completely free of germs or parasites that could be harmful to the other species? I am concerned that animals from such different areas have different response to specific parasites.

Owen Baranoski likes this.
  2. Owen Baranoski

Owen Baranoski Well-Known Member

My setup has changed since then, actually. I've revamped everything. Aside from regular parasite checks (simple look overs and fecal analysis), I can't be positive there is no parasites. I am checking regularly, but aside from that, there's no way I can be sure. It's been set up for about a month with no incidents yet. Everything is running smoothly. I also added 2 types of ivy for the anole and long tail. Much more space for everyone, and added a huge branch. Will be posting updates if something goes wrong. 20171202_180749.jpg

3. Owen Baranoski

Forgot to mention that the live grass is growing at a RAPID rate. Some pieces have grown 2 inches in three or four days. The UVB fixture (only 40.00$) was a great purchase. The anole and the longtail seem much happier, and the grass loves it. There are all sorts of new little plants sprouting and new moss. I've actually created an ecosystem in there.

4. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

I think it's an experiment, and we humans are good at that, being "in charge" of other animals and being able to do as we please with them.
    My opinion is that these animals have a right to as natural and threat-free an environment as we can possibly provide for them while we have them in our possession.
    Your "multiquarium" is beautiful and interesting.
    I hope the animals in it are not suffering in any way.

5. Owen Baranoski

Thank you for your opinion, they are all displaying traits of happiness and good health. I also like the term "multiquarium".

TamJam likes this.
  6. iRene

iRene Elite Member

I had not thought to use live grass before. That is a good idea and an easy way to keep crickets and locusts from starving or annoying pets.

Owen Baranoski likes this.