This Disappears When Logged In

Is My Bearded Dragon Small For His Age

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Carter A, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Carter A

Carter A Member

My bearded dragon is about 9 months old and he is only about one foot long, is this small for his age? Is it normal? And if not, what can I do to help him?

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Just like us, some animals are a little different in size. All you can do is make sure that husbandry is correct

3. Carter A

Carter A Member

ok thanks!

4. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure including a top view, also give details of the ambient (air) and basking surface temps plus the humidity range and how you measure all those? Thanks!

5. Carter A

Carter A Member

i dont have my phone with me to take pictures, but the basking temperature is around 100 and i have a thermometer. The other side of the cage is probably about 80-90 degrees and I dont know the humidity range

6. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Is the thermometer analogue or digital, and is the enclosure a fishtank with a screen top?
    You need to know exactly what the basking surface temp and cool side temps are at all times, you also need to know what the humidity range is, it`s possible the dragon has not grown very much because one or more of those parameters need adjustment.