This Disappears When Logged In

Is Herpcenter Back Up Now?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by murrindindi, Apr 15, 2020.

1. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, I`m not sure any of us would know how to transfer any of the threads/caresheets to anywhere else? I can get a screenshot of a small part of a discussion, but to copy anything more than that is beyond me, do you know how it might work?

2. oakensiren

oakensiren Well-Known Member

As far as I know, you can screenshot what you want to save, create a fb group, go to the "archives" section to upload word documentos or pdfs if you want to be more formal
    Screenshot_20200814_053852.jpg
    or "album" section to upload the pics or screenshots
    Screenshot_20200814_053803_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    As for copying more things i'm not sure how to do it besides screenshoting or copying and pasting each thing on its own word archive, but I guess it is better to save as much as possible than to loose it all

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

The problem with screenshots is that you only get a snapshot of a page, you cannot link to any part of it (in other words follow a thread). I think 15 years worth of knowledge and experience contained here will at some point be lost forever (that can happen literally any time now).

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I just posted a note on Richs page about getting some help form the family.

5. kriminaal

Well, that didn't help so far.
    Trying to be nice in all this but who doesn't have 10 mins of spare time in a 3 month period?

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I'm ready to throw my hands up and walk away. I hate that what we worked so hard for is just going to evaporate. But apparently it's not as important to them as they made it sound.

kriminaal likes this.
  7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I need to know where Rich lived (state) I left a message on Facebook for who I believe is his son, but there are a few people with the same name, so can someone give me that info? His daughter does not use Facebook other than she left one single message on her dad`s timeline on the 2nd anniversary of his death, so as far as she`s concerned I don`t think she`s just ignoring messages. Maybe his brother in law isn`t interested but perhaps Rich`s wife would be if we could make contact?

8. kriminaal

I don't know Rich's son at all. They used to live in Massachusetts I believe. Not sure if they still do.
    Myself, I don't have any other contacts, whether it be Amber or Angie.
    I figured Angie would be monitoring his FB page, so we'll see I guess.

9. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Is that a state or a city, Mike?

10. kriminaal

11. kriminaal

A bit of light has shown at the end of the tunnel.
    If anyone knows someone who would be willing and able to help on the back end,
    get in touch with me. In case this works out.

12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

What help do you need Mike, if it isn`t too complicated computer wise I`d be more than willing to help?
    I did ask Josh R. and he said he would do what he could (that was a couple of months ago) have you had contact with him since then?

13. kriminaal

No, I haven't had any contact that I can remember with Josh.
    Mods will be needed. Administrative is a little more complex and then the back end will really take someone who knows their way around.

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Just finished work will be home in 15 mins, I can ask Josh to contact you do you have the same email address (gmail.com)?

15. kriminaal

Yessir, and my apologies to him if he did contact me a while back and I forgot.

16. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

At your height and being Canadian I suppose it`s easy to forget most things, Michael..... I`ll ask him to contact you again (try and remember this time)!

17. kriminaal

Well pot is legal in Canada now :rolleyes:

18. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Josh will be happy to offer help, try and remember that Michael, not expecting you to promise you will but do just try...….

19. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Well it's nice to come back to some small amount of hope. I changed jobs about a year and a half ago and my internet time went basically to zero. Hope this all works out at some point, this forum was such a useful resource.

20. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Good to see you`re still around, have you still got all your animals?
    Can you advise me on how to put a short video up, I did ask Mike but he forgets so much these days!