This Disappears When Logged In

Is An 18"18"18" Sufficient For A Crested/gargoyle Gecko?

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by redregon, Apr 29, 2018.

1. redregon

redregon New Member

Managed to score an enclosure for a great price, and I'm new to reptile keeping. So I hope you don't mind the question in the subject line.

I've been reading as much as I can (which started about a year ago) and I know cresties/gargs like vertical enclosures, but the ones I've seen around say that the minimums for either are the 12"12"18".

It's an exo-terra and I just finished washing it, it's sitting on the stand waiting to be set up (I would like it to be bioactive since I want to put some real plants in there) but since I'm new, a lot of folk tell me that a crested gecko (or a gargoyle if I can find one) would be ideal.

So, yeah, would this be okay or would the little dude/tte be unhappy with only 18" in height? (well, an inch or two less because, well, substrate.)

Oh, and if you're going to ask why I got the enclosure before confirming, it was more than half off of what it would cost to get it new... And it came with a bunch of other things. I suspect the previous owner was desperate to get rid of it. So, it was a super-mega-awesome deal and I had to act on it before someone else sniped it from under me. If it's no joy for a crested or gargoyle gecko, I can find another species... But I would much prefer a crestie or garg.

2. matthewgroskopf

matthewgroskopf Active Member

too small. they get huge.