This Disappears When Logged In

Introduction

Discussion in 'Tortoises' started by Yvonne G, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Member

Hi all:

My name is Yvonne, I live in Central California, and I run a turtle and tortoise rescue - have been doing so for about 30 years.

I have about 100 turtles and tortoises of my own, about 15 different species.

Looking forward to meeting and interacting with other tortoise people.
    10-15-11 So-2.jpg 10-30-11 photo contest dscn5552.jpg leopard babies 3-21-18 b.jpg leopard babies 3-24-18b.jpg

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Hi, and welcome to the forum. And now I'm jealous of you, lol. Would love to keep a herd like that but southern Michigan makes it problematic for a good part of the year.

3. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Member

Even so, it's still pretty expensive to keep them all warm in the winter. I'd love to live someplace where they can stay outside all year. I have heated sheds for them and have to make sure they're all put away every night. My sulcata, Dudley:
    Dudley's Rebuild 01-31-15 a.jpg Dudley's Rebuild 01-31-15 e.jpg Dudley's rebuild 2-1-15 c.jpg

Darkbird likes this.
  4. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Nice. My couple have to come in the house for a good part of the year, and eventually I'm going to have to give them a large chunk of the basement to roam around in.