This Disappears When Logged In

Introducing New Waterfall

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Sinlightened, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinlightened

Sinlightened Elite Member

I'm assuming there's not. But figured I'd ask since I don't see very many set ups with waterfalls. But are there any problems that can arise from having a running water waterfall in my BPs cage? It's not specifically made for reptiles but after inspecting it I don't see any problem with it and have thoroughly cleaned it.
    It has multiple settings and will be kept on the lower ones to avoid any harm when he's in it, and just to circulate the water and help the humidity. I just happened to find it when I was thinking about upgrading Gonzo's dish since he's growing out of his current one and I dig the way it looks.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

You could give it a whirl. I'm assuming you are talking about one from a garden center? Just remember, it will be a bigger pain in the butt to pull it out and clean it, and there is a slight chance your snake may be afraid of it.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And you have to make sure that the snake can't get into the holes in it and get stuck!
    And expect it to poop in it!

4. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Please post a pic of it. I was thinking of doing a waterfall in my CWD's "big" enclosure.

5. Sinlightened

Funny story... I actually picked it up at a head shop and one of the rocks is removable for placing things you wouldn't like found in =). but yeah I'll post some pics of it when I get home. The holes shouldn't be a problem since it's the same size as the rubber tubing running through it. I will just probably have to block off the part where he may be able to get to the pump, but that shouldn't be hard.

6. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Wow that would sure add to the ambience, good way to keep up the humidity I assume. It would need some regular cleaning. I am curious to see how the snake would react. Keep us posted.

7. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

give it a test - some of them have very quite pumps, and some have extremely noisy ones.

8. Sinlightened

Here's the picture of it. There's a small hole in the middle of the plants where the water comes up with the pump below it which I will probably block off to avoid him getting wrapped up in. The hole will be filled with rocks that are in the bag to the right to help the trickling of the water. at the shallowest part it's about 2 inches deep, and the reservoir is about a foot in width

[​IMG]

9. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I had a waterfall in my iguana cage, it looked very nice but it was real pain keeping it clean all the time, so I removed it. If you only have a couple of reptiles and not 14 like me, then I would say go for it.

It looks really nice, will your Ball fit into it?

10. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

Looks good :) I bet it will make a great addition to the enclosure. Keep us updated on how your BP likes it.

11. Maya

Maya Elite Member

Looks like it would be a great decorative piece.

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

My concern, considering it was never intended to be in an enclosure for live animals, would be the possibilty of something toxic in the construction or decoration.

13. Sinlightened

I though the same thing, it seems fine, but I found the manufacturer and am planning on calling them just to check on the materials used.

14. ElleF

ElleF New Member

I have a waterfall in my snakes enclosure. Every BP I have had before the waterfall didn't care about the water other than a drink. Once I had circulating water.... a whole different story. I have a pond it dumps into, (in the enclosure), and ever sense I put in the fall, the BP's want to be in the water.
    I will find in interesting to hear how your snake likes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.