This Disappears When Logged In

Instant Messenger? Events?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Jkbauer13, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

What about an instant messenger kind of thing? I know nothing about computer stuff so this could be a silly request but if it would be easy it could be a way to really easily communicate and for quick questions or comments it could be cool. Maybe kind of like the list of users currently on, you could have a list of users who are on chat. You could have group chats with themes to maybe host some kind of weekly discussion on certain topics or something like that. It could be like an online herp society meeting

2. Jkbauer13

Jkbauer13 Elite Member

Even if the IM thing isn't feasible, scheduled event and/or threads could be a cool concept.

3. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

There is a list on the home page of who is online. You can just private message a person who is online.

4. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

Exactly as CentriRitanni said.

Also I think instant messaging kind of defeats the purpose of a forum. When you ask a question or have a discussion on an IM it is private and doesn't allow other minds to get involve and share different views or knowledge. That is what is so great. It's not me and you talking, but me you and anyone everyone else in the world who wants to.

There also was a chat room for many years. At one time it always had a handful of people in. The last couple years it was pretty inactive and I believe Rich removed it.

5. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The chatroom still exists and uses your login for HC. I just haven't updated it because no one ever uses it. lol

ChatRoom

6. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

It does not allow me to log in.. says invalid username or pw.

7. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

It appears it only works for admins in its current state. I have added it to my list of things to do. My current project is getting the classifieds squared away alongside helping Sav take care of the new reptile shows section.

8. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

No hurries