This Disappears When Logged In

Insecure & Fidgety Snake

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by JaneDoe, Aug 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. JaneDoe

JaneDoe New Member

My cornsnake was the calmer of the two snakes the problem that developed is that he becomes really active at night & when ever I take him out of the room he becomes distressed, I've been trying to get him used to being outside(as in outside the apartment) and I'm losing hope, I personally find it important that he at least tolerates being outside(for obvious reasons),my question is should I just give up & only take him outside if necessary(like an emergency) or should I continue taking him out?
    my King was behaved from day 1 of taking him out.
    my corn is about 6-7 yrs old.
    It can't be his close proximity to my king(their tanks are right next to each other), they both have a fairly high tolerance towards eachother.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would continue gentle handling. Cornsnake are little wiggleworms an constantly on the move. You may think the snakes tolerate each other but kingsnakes eat other snakes. You might try moving the kings tank to the other side of the room.
    The corn becomes really active at night because that's when they would hunt.

3. JaneDoe

JaneDoe New Member

I know kings eat other snakes but I highly doubt that would contribute to the corn's activity, if it did he would've been active/distressed from the start, this is a recent problem, I'll handle him more, hopefully he'll go back to wanting to be out of his tank 24/7, thats better than wanting to stay inside.