This Disappears When Logged In

Indo Tree Boa?

Discussion in 'Solomon Island Boas' started by Dragoness, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

I was at a herp show today, and saw Indo Tree Boas, and they looked a lot like Candoia carinata. I have been wanting to pick up a species of Candoia for a while now (Either C. carinata or C. aspera), and talked the guy down in price, and bought one. Now I'm confuzzled though. I totally forgot to ask for the Latin name when I purchased it. I was told it was an indo tree boa, and I'm pretty sure the Latin is C. carinata but I can't find any definitive information on it. I am equipped to house him whether he is terrestrial or arboreal. The care is relatively similar for all species of Candoia, right now my only dilemma is which empty cage to put it in?

Pics coming soon!

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

3. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

already read that thread, lol. It was one of the results that came up when I was googling.

It's young, probably a few months, but it had switched hands a few times before it came to me, so I do not know exact age. Was told it is eating well though, and it looks healthy (clear vent, mouth, nose, eyes, good skin and muscle tone, no sounds, etc.)

4. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

The more I read, the more sure I am that this is a Candoia carinata.

10.26.2010_038.jpg

Attached Files:

5. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

ISLAND GEMS

not sure if you have seen this site yet but i found it while looking for info on your snake cuz i want it :) sooo pretty.

ps. hope everything goes well at the vet

6. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Yes, that was one of the sites I was looking at.

The species i got comes in several striking color variations, ranging from almost solid dark black, to mostly white with pale cream mottling (lighter than mine). I once saw some pictures of a very spectacular ground boa (one of the other subspecies of C. carinata, I think) that was stark white with pale brown markings, or some other spectacular combination.

7. annaj328

annaj328 Elite Member

they are really cool snakes and i didn't even know they existed until now!