This Disappears When Logged In

Incredibly Stressed Ball Python! Help!

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by TABITHA Molnar, Aug 14, 2017.

1. TABITHA Molnar

TABITHA Molnar New Member

So I have 2 ball pythons (in separate tanks), male & female. I'm not 100% on their age but I want to say the female is about 5-6 months and the male is about 4-5 months. My female is super sweet and lovable, doesn't mind when I handle her, ever! But the male he's always been defensive, whenever I go in his tank to clean or even when I pass by the tank he strikes at me. I have yet to get bit, but when he strikes he doesn't stop and he whips his tail. I used to keep him in a much larger tank than he's in now thinking that might be the problem, and his temperatures are at about 80/90f day and 75/80f night. I tried handling him more often, and I tried just leaving him alone, I feel like I've run out of options. If I could get some help I would really appreciate it!

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

What are your enclosure details? What is the temperature gradient and humidity levels, and how are you measuring them? What is the heat source? What size enclosure and What substrate? How often do you feed and what size meals? Please include pictures of the animal and enclosure so we can see hides, cover, etc. Once we have everything squared away we can work on taming him down, but it's possible one of these things is causing him stress.
    Also, is this a recent occurance or just since you got him?