This Disappears When Logged In

In the Kitchen :)

Discussion in 'Member Photos' started by DwarvenChef, Jan 26, 2012.

1. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

IMG_1625.jpg

Bone in Ribeye on sale this week :) could not pass that up :)

Attached Files:

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Ribeye is one of my favourites, lots of flavour!

3. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

4. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Attached Files:

5. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice pan! We only have one cast iron it I use it for everything! Although I'm a bit different from you when it comes to food...that "v" word every chef hates to hear :-"

6. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

ACH my ears!! and why does my head hurt thinking about it :p

I have faith, every week I get more and more people at my counter asking me how to get meat back into the diet, because of health issues :) Not to say it can't be sustained just the very few people are 100% dedicated to getting the proper diet to sustain that lifestyle. I'm seeing most crash hard at 15-20 year mark of their diet, and they don't look good...

Ok off my butchers block :p Yes I'm a hard core omnivour I eat everything... but it will be a cold day in **** when I try seal again ... /hurk....

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Lol! But seals are so cute! I have been vegan for a little over a year, I made the transition during pregnancy. I have done so much research about my diet and how to maintain my health and yes it is a lot of work, especially since I'm breast feeding but worth it to me! On the flip side I have been known to cook a mean steak in my meat eating days....I'd challenge you to a cook off but I'm afraid you'd have the advantage.

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Love the design on the bottom, I'm sure that if your wife hits you with it we will know by the impression left on your skin!
    I love my cast iron frying pan, no one touches my pan, it's perfectly seasoned.

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Sav you do know that the word "vegetarian" is actually an indian word meaning "Lousy Hunter!"LOL!;)

10. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

So I am only a little ways away...just saying...sharing is caring!

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I am the opposite a good cook but above average baker. Chemistry is my forte!

12. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

My cousin is a baking goddess Oh the things she tries and pulls off, I would end up with a toxic puddle of goo trying to match her abilities :) My only advantage is the amount of stuff I have been exposed to, if she had the same exposure she would be HUGE. But she seems to believe that I'm insane for doing what I do :p Oh well :p

13. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Ill take that first stout please! I need some good cast iron skillets and a good knife or two. The food looks great too.

14. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Oh don't get me started with knives :p Thats an addiction that gets me into more trouble :p

15. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

PM me some good knives, nothing outrageous price though. I use Chicago and Dexter for work, but they aren't much good after i use them. Fiberglass kinda ruins them lol.

16. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

Fiberglass???

17. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

I'm trying to get into using globals and Porsche 305's at the moment

18. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I had to google those. No idea what they were.
    But those Porsche knives look like they would be good for throwing.lol

19. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Elite Member

They are not bad mid range knives, global is one of the "East/West" merging knives. Getting people used to Japanese geomatry. Porsche has had a less succesfull run in the market. While I like the handle, for a western knife, not many do and that hurt sales. Plus the 305 steel has issues with edge retention. You really have to keep the Porsche above 16deg prefering 20deg. Which is perfectly fine for western knives don't get me wrong. Western knives are easy to bash around and fix, Japanese blades are delicate and can take more time to fix, if at all. But the style of cutting on these two schools of thought are vastly different and one has to choose between them as the methods of use are very different and don't cross over very well. Yes at some degree a knife is a knife... however long term use and longgevity of the blade depends on proper styles being used correctly. That is where the 3 knife rule falls on it's face :p but that is a different post :p

I only have one of each, well one porsche tomato knife and a global fish spatula.

20. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

This is making me hungry... and I have no food in the house until the bf is back from working. :( Last night, I made chicken fried rice with pork stir fry, using all left overs, and it was amazing!

Earlier in the week, I made dry pulled pork with a good thick rub on it so everyone could choose their own sauce, which included making three sauces, one vinegar based, a regular tomato based, and a tomato beer based BBQ sauce... From moving around, my entire family has different BBQ preferences.
    The next day I made honey pepper chicken tenders with lightly steamed broccoli, carrots, and squash on a bed of kale and spinach, that was to die for, even the bearded dragon was in heaven (of course, he didn't get any spinach or chicken).

I basically cooked a pot of brown rice, dropped the temp to low and cooked two eggs blended in with the rice, once done, I dropped the chicken and veggies in to heat them up. All you have to do is mix really well and then serve. For the stir fry, I took some left over peas, carrot slices, mushrooms, bell pepper and water chestnuts, poured in a little red wine, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil, cooked till veggies are almost ready, and then toss in the left over pork. Mix it together really well and serve. Brandon and his co-worker were drooling almost as much as the dogs by the time they reached the kitchen. :D