This Disappears When Logged In

In Need Of Some Advice!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Morgana, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Morgana

Morgana New Member

I have a Mexican Kingsnake and he is over 5 years old. His habitat is in my bedroom which is a decent sized room but on the smaller size. I want to run a cool humidifer in my bedroom for myself... Will this have any negative impact on my little one?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

It will increase humidity and possibly lower tempurature. Could you show us how you provide a suitable environment in your bedroom? Does he have his own enclosure or is he free roaming?

3. Morgana

Morgana New Member

This is his habitat.

Attached Files:

4. AmityReptiles

I don't expect a cool humidifier to have a negative effect especially if it is winter where you live and the air is especially dry, it may even be beneficial. (I actually use one just to increase humidity in my snake room for the dry months) I would keep an eye on temperature and humidity in the enclosure though, so a good digital thermometer/hygrometer is a must.

5. Morgana

Morgana New Member

I appreciate your insight! At what temperature and humidity is it considered comfortable for him?

6. AmityReptiles

From what (little) I know about them i believe they appreciate a hot basking area of 85f-90f, and I would just make sure the humidity stays under 75%, I don't think they have very picky humidity requirements, but they come from a dry environment. If you have lower humidity and messy shedding I would provide a humid hide.