This Disappears When Logged In

Impossible To Find!

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by Mattersmore29, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Mattersmore29

Mattersmore29 Member

can not find a burmese python for sale in ohio. anyone know a place. has to be in ohio because of laws.

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Have you tried posing on the kingsnake and fauna classified forums?

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Double check your laws. I'm not even sure burms are legal to keep there anymore due to the craziness a few years back. I'm in Michigan, and I know a lot of large snakes ended up coming up here. Even if they're still legal there, your going to have a long search, and maybe a longer wait. Most breeders got out of breeding them when they were listed on the lacy act. At the local show, I have only seen one guy offering any, and that was almost an entire year after I had seen the last batch there. Check Craigslist, any local Facebook groups, and find a show if you can. I know there are still a couple in Ohio.

4. Mattersmore29

Mattersmore29 Member

Dark bird, yea man i am afraid that is going to happen with retics also. but my ohio laws make me have to get a permit and pay a yearly tax of 150 doallrs after it gets over 12 feet long. its silly i know but i will definitely look into the laws further before i purchase one. i did get on a waiting list out if columbus ohio, but they said they didnt even know if there burms are going to produce this year.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Well, at least they still give you an option to be able to keep them, I thought they might be banned altogether. And I can pretty much guarantee that retics will go the same way unless USARK manages to pull off getting all this BS overturned. Trouble is, it's not about the law or good science, it's about who has the most cash. But that's a rant for another thread. Good luck on finding one. And post some pics when you do.

arojas7112 likes this.