This Disappears When Logged In

I'm new and I have Argentine's!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ofsthun, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Hey I'm just saying Hi and to tell everyone that I have 2 Argentine Boas. My Female Maria is 7' 2" long and my Male Enrique is about 6' long. Enrique will be here Tuesday and I can't wait!!!

Here's Maria:
    [​IMG]

Here's Enrique:
    [​IMG]

2. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

hey welcome to HC! glad you joined. those are very beautiful snakes. thanks for the pics and hope to see more!! :D

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Hello and welcome to herpcenter. What beautiful snakes. Thanks for sharing

4. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Welcome to HC!!

5. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

WOW thanks everyone... I wasn't expecting a reply so soon!!!

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!
    Very nice snakes! Hows their temperment?

7. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Welcome to HC! Have fun! Love the snakes, they are beautiful, thanks for sharing pics :)

8. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome To Herp Center

Glad you could join us....very nice snakes....very nice....Lyn

9. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

WOW!!! Awesome snakes!!
    Are they friendly? Can we see their cages?
    Of course we always beg for more pics in here too! :p

10. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Welcome to HC, the place to be, great looking snakes you got there :)

11. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Hi, welcome to HC. You'll love it here: people here are really friendly and helpful AND knowledgeable!!! If they don't have the answers, someone usually finds a link to direct you in a good direction. So feel free to ask questions.
    Of course we LOVE pictures!!! Your snakes are beautiful. I'm also curious about their temperments. I hear they can be really nasty and hissy at first, but with regular handling can become docile.
    Enjoy the site!!

12. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

My male Enrique will be here Tomorrow Morning and I'm told that he is docile as can be and so is Maria. I'm planning on breeding them this years but I've been told that they are nippy at first but if you handle them a lot they will calm down.

Maria has never tried to strike me and only hissed at me once. I've been told that Enrique is the same way so we'll see what happens.

I'm in the process of building a 6' wide x 4' tall x 2' deep enclosure for them but right now Maria is in a 3' wide x 18" x18" glass aquarium. Enrique is going to be in a Rubbermade container that I use for transporting them.

Here's what I have so far for the new big enclosure...
    [​IMG]

Here's what she's in right now...
    [​IMG]

Thanks for all the input!!!

13. Merlin

All I get is the dreaded Red X box!

14. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

They seem to work fine right now.

Are they still Red X's?

15. Merlin

got em now!
    cool!

16. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center enjoy your stay and you have two very beautiful snakes.

17. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Will they still breed if they are housed together all the time? I've read that some snakes won't...
    Anyhow, I bet they will love their new cage!
    How long and how much do they weigh? It looks like they like to climb a bit. :)

18. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Maria the female is 7' 2" at 10lbs but measuring was difficult because she never hold still and the male Enrique is supposedly about 6' long and around 7 lbs and should be here by UPS at any minute. Maria does nothing but sit on her branch all the time and when she's out of her cage she always goes straight up reaching for anything in sight. That's why I'm building the new one so tall.

For right now I'm going to keep them apart till Maria gets over her Upper Respiratory Infection and then I'm going to start cooling her. The male has been cooling for a couple weeks now so when I finish the new cage I'm going to put them together and hope for the best. If they get along fine I'll leave them together but if they don't I'll put the male in the 3' aquarium.

19. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Just think of how COOL that's gonna be you guys! Real live Argentine baby pics here at HC!!:D

20. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

We'll see how it goes... it's my first time so hopefully it'll go ok but I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions around online when I need some help.

Thanks for the great welcome!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.