This Disappears When Logged In

Im In Need Of Help !!!

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Dnulgne lrac, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Dnulgne lrac

Dnulgne lrac New Member

i have a savannah monitor that’s in serious condition and needs adopting ASAP he/she is still a baby and only around 9 inches long I’ve been feeding it crickets only since it won’t eat anything else and just now I have descovered that he/she is unresponsive won’t move or do anything no matter what I even turned him/her upside down and I response I’m very afraid that he/she is on the verge of death. Please help ! I keep temp at 85-90 degrees and humidity at 30-40%

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Ok, please understand that I'm not trying to be rude, but I am going to be blunt. It is probably way too late for anyone to do anything about this if the monitor is in that condition. The little info you gave shows the humidity to be way too low, and if those are the hot spot temps those are too low as well. It is also entirely possible you got a sick animal to begin with and nothing you did would have made much difference. If the animal perks up at all please respond with as much detail about the cage setup and such as you can give us, and we'll see what we can do.

3. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Raise the basking area to 120f, and humidity to 80%... make sure there's plenty of places to hide and then leave the monitor alone... beyond that not much to do, just wait. That will have the most immediate results.

4. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Any news? Sigh. I love these animals.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

I'm not holding out much hope on this, the OP has only been on the one time to post this so far as I can tell. And there is not nearly enough data to make any sort of decent guess on the issue, though the usual temp and humidity issues sound likely.

TamJam likes this.
  6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would agree. From the description, this monitor is in serious shape.

TamJam likes this.