This Disappears When Logged In

I'm Building a Timor Monitor Enclosure. Input Needed

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by Andyc3020, Jun 12, 2013.

1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Definitely keep it in mind. There are not too many breeding the Timors. If you end up with a female you'll need deep substrate anyway whether you choose to breed or not.

2. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

How deep do you think? I may have a female. I just don't know.

3. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I'd plan on at least 18 inches.

4. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

I could make that happen. I guess I need to figure out if i have a he or she. The seller told me that he was pretty sure it was a male, but not positive.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m not suggesting you do this now, but if at some point in the not too distant future the monitor accepts your presence you might want to try the transillumination technique to sex the animal.

6. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

CAM00279.jpg

Attached Files:

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

It`s looking much better, though I think some cork tubes/hollow logs on the sides above ground level would be good (I know hollow logs aren`t easy to find), alternatively, 2 or 3 wooden boxes with small entrance holes (sometimes called "nest boxes").
    I see the monitor clearly, but I don`t want to spoil it for other members who might want to take a guess at where exactly he/she is in that pic.... :-"

8. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

Amazing! He was under his water dish. How did u spot him lol? This is going to be ongoing project.id like to cover the walls with bark so all of them are climbable. Also some logs like u suggest. . This has been a lot of fun . The cool thing was after i put his leaves back it took him 5 minutes to come out. He is already getting more comfortable

9. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

CAM00298.jpg
    CAM00302.jpg
    CAM00304.jpg
    CAM00306.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Andyc3020

Andyc3020 Elite Member

No empty cage synde here so far : )

11. AdamL8

AdamL8 Elite Member

The cage is looking great! All those fake leaves and vines really liven it up. You may want to consider adding lives plants in the future. Lattice on the walls and live Ivy growing up it or even fake vines would look great and be easy to climb up and down.