This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Terrarium Temperature Help

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Phillip1980, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Phillip1980

Phillip1980 Member

My cage is 6ft tall 6ft long 4ft wide. What should be the correct temperature in the cage? I currently have 30-32 degrees at the top and 22-28 at the bottom. Max humidity I have is 80. How many bulbs of sunlight should I have and what should the wattage be. Currently I have one 150 watt sunlight bulb. I have two 5.0 UVB bulbs as well and a 100 Watt night light. Should I have more sunlight bulbs
    for the size of my cage and how many watts, I don't want to burn my iguana. Thanks for any help you can give

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I believe he is talking about a green iguana.

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Pictures of the cage, and exact type, wattage, and manufacturer. A lot will depend on how you have the basking/climbing areas set up, and what bulbs you actually have and how they're placed in the cage.

6. Phillip1980

Phillip1980 Member

Home Made Iguana Cage June 2014 - YouTube There are 3 lights in the front,two are UVB 5.0 and the one in the middle is sunlight 150 watts. The bulb in the back is 100 Watt night light. It is a green iguana, female. Do you think I should add more UVB or UVA lights or can she get burned.

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Nice looking enclosure. I think you have enough light. And for the records, a UVB bulb also puts out UVA.
    I would suggest swapping those analog gauges out for a digital.

8. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Yeah the only thing I saw wrong was the analog thermometer/hygrometer..... Need a nice digital one....