This Disappears When Logged In

Iguana Info Needed (:

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by ariesmommy, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

did u know you can get the 2 basking lamps and the UVB lamp on amazon? the 2 basking are for $9.00 something and the UVB is $24...NEW just wondering :)

2. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

A timer is a blessing, and if you want the MegaRay bulb is the best to go with as it does the UVB and heat I just dont have one yet. In C's big house I am going to have a MegaRay and a reptisun florescent just to give her ample lighting with the way I am setting it up. Ideally you can get one fixture that holds 2 bulbs one of each or a good bulb that does both. Here is a pic of her temp enclosure notice the two different lights on top.
    [​IMG]

She has more plants now to. And yes I know thats where I work. LOL

3. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

where could i find a light fixture (i guess thats what you call it lol) for the UVB i think it is. the long light lol. def need sleep but i dont wanna!!! i spend 12 hours out of the day researching and most of the time i dont learn anything besides what i already know lol. these lights is just whats getting me right now. id love to have a bulb that does both :) but idk well see what happens and how cheap i can get the lights. oh my back room in the house has double sliding glass doors i mean huge and it stays pretty warm back there so do u think ill need a night light for it???

4. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

No night lights but most defiantly a ceramic heat emitter- if its not cold now it may well be in the winter especially if you have him/her by a window like I do. The fixture I have for my UVB is from a smaller fish tank that I still had. You can find alot of things like the fixtures at yard sales and thrift sores - my personal favs - pretty cheap and easy to test to see if they work.;)

5. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

whats the best CHE? and do u use the basking and UVB at the same time all day long? how long should the UVB bulb be?

6. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I might just have to I M you when I am out in your area and we could go yard saling together, some herping trips to. My parents live in Monroe and I still try to get out there once a year or so. :)

7. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

never heard of monroe. havent lived in NC very long either lol. just moved from VA. that would be awesome but i could go yardsaling with CountTripula. shes only 20 mins away maybe 30. call and text her all the time. maybe she can help me :) ill pick her up in the future when i decide to buy her cage and go shopping for necessities. she still hasnt built green beans cage yet. we finally found her some for the sides so she was really happy all she has to do now is put it together. the shes done :)

8. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Heres a link to the one I have and I have it on a dimmer so I can turn it up or down for heat. and yes both of my lights stay on from about 6 am to 6 pm after that she gets natural light unless I am home and shes had a late snack than I will turn them off a hour after she has ate so she can digest her food.

Amazon.com: Zoo Med ReptiCare Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter 100 Watts: Pet Supplies

Dimmer

300-Watt Tabletop Dimmer-R55-TBI03-1LE at The Home Depot

Monroe is about 3-4 hours south of you down by Charlotte

9. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

just googled it...monroes 2 and a half hours away from me lol ): geeze

10. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

lol i just wrote that CHE down. glad i picked the right one :)

11. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

ok so i need:
    100 watt basking lamp
    UVB bulb
    CHE for lighting and im done...
    plus a timer and a dimmer

that it?

12. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

I didnt goggle but with my memory I trust you are right in the 2 hours instead of my 3.

For lighting yes thats about it unless you want more lights depending on the layout of your enclosure

13. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

14. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

oh let me rephrase that my basking bulb is only 75watts you could go for the 60 or 75 watt and then when you set them up use your temp gauge to see how far away you need to have the light. you also want a wire cage around your light if its inside the enclosure and if its out side make sure theres a screen in between you lights an ig.

15. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

ok changed to 75 watt. and which temp gauges do you use? how many should i get 2 or 3??? and the cage does have wire between the ig and the light. CountTripulas cage is great :) and for only $50

16. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

The first one yes. you just need to make sure it will fit the fixtures you get the second one I have not used so I think it would be good I have just heard that the repti powersuns dont last long but I changed the lights on average every 4 months with my last Iggy.

17. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

lol ill just stick with the first one then. we have a fish tank hood with 2 sides. wed have to clean it up because we havent used it in a while. so i think im set :) i would keep asking you questions about what all i should have in the enclosure plant wise and water tub thing and all but i think ill let you go unless you dont mind but im pretty sure u need to get some sleep lol :) i should be but im not until 8am comes then im going home and sleeping and doing it again tom night :) thank you for everything. and if i get 2 of those first bulbs would that be too much UVB?

18. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

19. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Hunny I work grave it just happens to be one of my nights off I wont go to bed for at least another 2 hours. :) Its only 12:30 here.

Never to much UVB in my book, I am putting two tube florescent in the big cage and the Megaray but then I want to have three different shelves for her to chill out on.

20. ariesmommy

ariesmommy Elite Member

ok hows this one? (digital)
    Amazon.com: Digital Aquarium Terrarium Thermometer ST-3 Black: Pet Supplies
    and this one? (analog)
    Amazon.com: Zoo Med Analog High Range Reptile Thermometer: Pet Supplies
    and this one? (temp gun)
    Amazon.com: Raytek MT4 Mini Temp Non-Contact Thermometer Gun with Laser Sighting: Home Improvement