This Disappears When Logged In

Ideas For A 40 Gallon, 20 Long And 12x12x18 Exo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeathTheKid, Jun 22, 2017.

1. DeathTheKid

DeathTheKid New Member

Hello everybody,
    This is my first post on this forum so please excuse any mistakes I make in posting etiquette. So my current situation is I have the exo-terra housing a 14 gram Crested and he is going to be needing an upgrade soon. I have a free 40 gallon breeder, which I was thinking of converting into a large vertical tank. I also have a 20 gallon long that I've been using to grow/test a variety of young plants under tropical conditions. Here comes the creative part, I'm looking for animals to put in each tank. The only solid issue is rehoming the crested, preferably without buying a new tank, but I may end up doing that anyways. I prefer tropical/arboreal species. My ideas are L. Williamsi or 1 RETF for the exo, Dendrobates or Marbled salamanders for the 20 long, and the 40 gallon is a bit more up in the air. I thought I would originally move the Crested into that but I think it's a little too spacey. Maybe a Giant Day Gecko or a small community of RETFs. I intend on making them all living vivariums.

If you have owned any of these herps or have other ideas that you think would work well, I would love to hear about it! At this stage I'm more or less just looking at intermediate care herps that I could stock in enclosures. Thank you!

2. Nicholas623

Nicholas623 Member

I'm also new to this forum, but you could always take the 20 long, and make it vertical for your crested gecko. I recently bought a baby crested gecko that will be going in my 29 gallon that I made vertical, but He/she is too small for it right now so I'm going to wait until it's bigger. A 40 gallon for some dentrobates would be beautiful but would be pretty costly. If you have the money and the time it would be a very fun project. I know you said you like tropical(as do I) but there are some cool desert species that would love the space!