This Disappears When Logged In

ID This Morph

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Katsura, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Hello everyone, been a while hasn't it? I've just been really, really busy...

Anyhow, I was hoping that some of you corn snake gurus out there could tell me what morph this guy is? He seems to orange to be a creamsicle like the one guy I posted about forever ago. But I have no clue.

Oh and his belly starts out as white up by his head and then it gets progressively orangeish pink with a few yellow checkers the further down his belly you go.

644506_172121489662757_742722461_n_zps0a0a33ae.jpg

1391997_168392246702348_1018060994_n_zpsfbc2e142.jpg

1422584_172121729662733_2088623371_n_zpsd4923ac1.jpg

1392728_172121352996104_1794983791_n_zpsd15efda2.jpg

tumblr_mw9pl81T2F1sl9bk7o10_1280_zpsa673a7ac.png

2. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Amel corn snake?

3. jdandlucy

jdandlucy Elite Member

i see reverse okette corn.

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

He is an Amel motley. He has no belly checkers right?(I can't see any in the pictures) I have a female and produced a clutch of them this year.

JD RO's have thick white bands around the saddles and very bright colors.

EDIT: Can't read lol some motleys have random belly checks, it's basically just a fault. Good motleys have no checks, I produced a couple babies with a check here and there. My anery motley has about 6 checks near her vent. Yet her son (Dexter) has a pure white belly.

5. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I'm sticking with Amel. I don't see a motley.

- - - Updated - - -

Look closer :)

6. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I only see maybe one or two checks, not the typical checker board pattern like my amel(this girl is het bloodred so she has a lot of color "bleeding"):
    010-55.jpg
    Looks more like my amel motley:
    009-49.jpg
    Some do have the random checks here and there. He could very well be het bloodred or het motley, both can cause belly patterns to be different.

7. Sarandacotah

Sarandacotah Well-Known Member

pretty baby :) whatever he is! Wyldrose knows her stuff so I would trust her :)

8. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I'm not really sure how accurate the belly pattern is when it comes to this but I do see a lot more then one or two checks. They look translucent. If we are basing this off of your single corn then I already see the difference between yours and the op's. The op's corn has has patterns on her upper belly but yours does not. I'm 100% possitive that this is not a motley. It does not have the pattern (stripes going down its side). Now whether or not its het for something Idk.

9. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

I know the pictures of his belly weren't too great but it is sooo hard to take photos of this little bugger because he simply refuses to sit still for me and it's hard to snap a picture by myself haha.

I can tell you though that his belly is a LOT closer to the motley than the uh.. not motley one. It isn't as clean as Wyldroses, but it definitely is not anywhere as patterned as the non motley one. I'm going to try and snap some better pics here right now so, give me a minute.

10. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Can you also get asome side shots of the snake? :)

11. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

Yes I can, but it will have to be later today or tomorrow.. For some reason this little bugger thinks my bed is his personal bathroom. While I had him out for photos he decided to go potty on my bed for the second time since I've had him so I put him away for the time being.

Anyway, here are some shots of his belly. The one where he's in a figure 8 kind of washed out the orangish red color further down his tail, but if you look at the picture of him in his box you can see the end of his tail and those are the true colors.

tumblr_mwbjrpBESI1sl9bk7o1_1280_zps45a81d71.jpg

tumblr_mwbjrpBESI1sl9bk7o2_1280_zpsb53fb624.jpg

tumblr_mwbjrpBESI1sl9bk7o4_1280_zps380356d6.jpg

tumblr_mwbjrpBESI1sl9bk7o3_1280_zpsdaf35e20.jpg

12. Poison

Poison Elite Member

13. Katsura

Katsura Elite Member

14. Poison

Poison Elite Member

15. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Now I see the checks more clear :) That first belly pic is hard to make out the checks. The sections with missing checks could mean he carries motley, some times just carrying the trait can cause the patternless sections.