This Disappears When Logged In

I WANT A

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by MIke_Haare, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

I want a gargoyel geko I've found them for 65.00 + shipping and I was wondering if you guys know anyother places (I found the 65.00+ shipping at lllreptiles.com)

2. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

guess not lol oh well I'll get it off lllreptiles.com

3. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

i have heard some bad things bout lll reptiles animals not being the healthiest in the world although they do have quite the selection i would like to get the crocidile skink they have and a few other herps

4. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

one of my friends live right next to it (over the internet I know him) and he says it rocks and he's bought several gekos from them

5. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

I also have bought many many herps from them. As well as supplies, feeders, and dead food. Nothing they have sent me has ever had a problem. In my book they are one of the best. Of coarse all reptile online retailers are going to have a couple unsatisfied customers. But that is business. Compared to most retailers, lllreptile has not had much complaints at all.

6. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

yeas ee I was right for once lol

7. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

ah ok
    maybe just one bad apple outta the bunch

only thing i dont really care for is there not so good guarantee but if they are as good as you say they are, cool i may order my leos from them afterall. Whats up with the regrown tails though?

8. MoLdYpOtAtOe

What regrown tail? You now it is very hard to keep so many herps in perfect condition. Out of a couple hundred or thousand leos. Some are probably bound to lose a tail here and there. As well tail nips. Even people who own beardies and other people get nips, leg/s missing, ect... Any ways, if the tail is regrown to a good condition it is all fine. They usually always sell defected leos with regrown tails, beardies with stubbed tails, missing leg for a better price. of coarse a missing leg on a beardy, or a regrown tail is not going to affect they're health if they were taken care of properly afterwards.

9. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

yea but woth regrown tails are just find just when they're regrowning is the problem

10. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

I always prefer shows or private breeders over 'wholesale' retailers. However I know that one or both may not be an option. Good luck though, b/c Im looking into getting a pair for breeding as well.

*edit* and after this weekend I hate, but don't condemn, shipping of reptiles. Over priced and no where near as reliable as it should be.

11. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

well they're 65.00 and I've seen them like 90.00 and the shipping isn't that bad when I look at some places (like 40 bucks) I'm paying about 9.95 for shiping and I just went to a show Sunday and they had no Gargoyel geckos
    but like 50 million crested geckos and lepard geckos and fat tailed gecks (I have to say I did get a leopard and a fat tailed). and there isn't any "private breeders" around where I live unless I go to a show and they were like a day or two drive away from there the one I bought from was like from around Georgia or something.and the one guy didn't know llike anything I asked them what subtrate to use for a fat tailed geckos and he said 'huh subtarte?' and sorry if I spelled something wronge it's normal lol

12. Inphormatika

Inphormatika Elite Member

If a breeder couldn't answer a simple question like that, I would think twice about buying from him. Are your herps healthy that you bought from him?

13. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

yea they are and that was his brother or something he slways said to go ask the main guy the fat tailed just shedded right when I got home (or around there) he's fine and the only thing that's wronge with leopard is he likes to sleep A LOT!! lol and we also tried to put my two leopards together and mine bit my brothers :( but he's fine it was more like a pinch

14. MoLdYpOtAtOe

Chronic, may I ask why you despise the shipping of reptiles?

15. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

I have found a good place for me to get my reptiles, Regal Reptiles in Providence, Rhode Island which is only like 20 minutes from my house. Im going to check them out in a couple of weeks to see what they have available.

Yeah Chronic why do you despise the shipping of reptiles????

16. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Why I hate the shipping of reptiles: Its not as reliable as it should be and its very stressful for both the animal and the reciever. I know its usually necessary and Im not saying don't do it, it should just be a last option in my opinion.

17. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

thats why im going to get mine directly and bring them right home.

18. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.