This Disappears When Logged In

I Really Stink at Titles for These Things...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Blitz, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

Wasup? I'm Blitz, or Caleb if you prefer, I'm 18, and in high school. I joined this site because I'm soon getting a bearded dragon, and I needed a place to get advice, and well as share anything I happen to pick up along the way. I hope to make many friends here, and look forward to chatting with you all.

I am a furry, and if you don't know what that is, it's very difficult to explain. we are a subculture, or rather, a fandom. We are highly stereotyped, and the majority of descriptions of us you will find, even on wikipedia, are pretty stereotypical, so if you wanna know, just PM me and I'll do the best I can. most things we are associated with are bad, and in reality, have nothing at all to do with us. Just thought I'd rant about this for whatever reason.

2. Sinlightened

Sinlightened Elite Member

I saw an episode CSI involving Furries once... You aren't one of THOSE are ya? =) lol

3. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

uh, no. lol. That's a perfect example of a stereotypical furry, actually :p and also, fursuits, while directly related to the fandom, are not necessarily part of it. I don't wear one, and in fact, think they're a bit odd.

4. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center!

5. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

OOOHHHH I get it now LMAO (not laughing at you just laughing because I'm old and had no idea what you were talking about til Sinlightened answered ;))

6. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

And welcome to the site :)
    There are lots of beardie owners here that will give you great advice.

7. Sinlightened

I figured, just having a little fun ;) welcome... and good luck with your future beardie... have you picked a name or set up an enclosure yet? there's lots of people that will help you with anything you need... just ask!

8. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

yeah, I got an aquarium, but I'm still saving up for the reptile carpet, a heating source(cus I don't think what I have now will do) and the lizard itself....70...freakin'...dollars....>.<......that's an expensive lizard....well, for me anyway, haha

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Check out reptile shows! You can find them for considerably cheaper!

10. Sinlightened

11. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

He could also just stay on the site and view the event calendar, the show listings on the homepage, or our reptile shows page. lol

Show Page
    Show/Event Calendar
    Homepage (Lower Right Side)

Welcome to the site Blitz.

12. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

hehe, I see. The only animal I currently own is a dalmatian, but as I've said, I'm working on a beardy

13. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

LOL I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend that snakes are a good thing :p;)

14. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

I'm not too partial to snakes after almost being bitten by a moccasin 3 times, hehe. Once under the patio, once stepping out onto the sidewalk, and once behind the storage shed. I must really be lucky or blessed one, cus I narrowly dodged the bite of 3 deadly snakes...

15. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

WOW, I've never even came close to a deadly snake that wasn't at the zoo LOL

I want a cornsnake and a sand boa (one of these years I'll get them ;))

16. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

Well, I live on a farm in the country, so everything passes through here, from snakes, to deer, to bobcats.

17. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

The lizard is usually the least expensive part of any setup. I got a CWD for free last July, and have spent over $300 on her setup and (Proudly) $57 on a lightbulb alone.

18. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Blitz, sorry I am late in welcoming you to the site. As you can see everyone here is very friendly and eager to help out. Unfortunately, I have no experience with beardies except knowing they are beautiful animals.

I also am one of those old buggers that had to read the post Sinlightened put up here. No worrys, we only care about the animals and their wellbeing here.

19. Blitz

Blitz Elite Member

Yeah, so far everyone has been real friendly,and it's not because you're old, there are people my age who don't know what a furry is, haha! We are pretty much just people with very high interest in anthropomorphism of animals. Most f not all of us have "fursonas" if you will, a anthropomorphic representation on ourselves. mine, Blitz, is picture in a "chibi"(super deformed) form in my icon.

20. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.