This Disappears When Logged In

I need help with my Albino

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by LeopardGeckoMom52688, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeopardGeckoMom52688

LeopardGeckoMom52688 Elite Member

I recently bought an albino leopard gecko. She isn't eating as much as my other geckos, and isnt puttin on as much weight. I have a baby leo that is like 8 month old that weighs 25 grams and my almost 1 year old albino only weighs 30. I am giving her electrolytes and have tried a pinky. What else can I do? She was being housed alone and i thought she was eating well I kno she was. Just not as much at my other females. She is now in a 30 with two other females. Please Help

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I would strongly suggest that you seperate her now and get her feeding again. She is most likely too stressed by the other females or could be submissive enough that she is too scared to eat....and eventually she will wither away...and you dont want that.....good luck!

3. LeopardGeckoMom52688

well I kno she has to be eating something because she is still having bowel movements and she is maintaining a weight of 30 grams...just makes me made because I bought her because I wanted to breed her with my blizzard to get blazing blizards but she has to get fat to do that!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Have you had a fecal test to rule out internal parasites?
    That could explain the lack of weight gain.

5. iam_a_legend06

iam_a_legend06 Well-Known Member

my albino male about a year old does exactly the same just seems not to eat much

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I would really strongly suggest a seperation as well. She could be stressed because she is used to being "the queen of her castle" and now there are other geckos to contend with for food and prime hide spots and such. I would also strongly suggest a fecal exam. They are usually relatively cheap and most vets (even vets who do not specialize in reptiles) can do one properly and ID the culprits.

7. LeopardGeckoMom52688

when i brought her hiome she was being housed with a blizzard for almost two months....she seems healthy very strong...and she is responsive n active...she cuddles with the other two females...no fighting...n i will take a fecal sample this wee probably monday

8. LeopardGeckoMom52688

In the last few days I have been giving her an electorlyte and appitite stimulant and i think its working. she is now up to 35 grams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.